Member profile info

Meadbh

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Mod note - these posts were moved from an open thread to here to not disrupt that conversation.

From the OP's profile:

That's good to know, thank you. However, I checked Carioca's profile before composing my post, and did not have access to that information. The attached photo is what I saw then and still see. Presumably moderators (even emeriti) have a higher security clearance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited by a moderator:
That's good to know, thank you. However, I checked Carioca's profile before composing my post, and did not have access to that information. The attached photo is what I saw then and still see. Presumably moderators (even emeriti) have a higher security clearance!
No, mod emeriti have no special access or clearance. When the "about me" tab does not appear, the member usually hasn't filled in that information. Try a few other member profiles just to see.

No, mod emeriti have no special access or clearance. When the "about me" tab does not appear, the member usually hasn't filled in that information. Try a few other member profiles just to see.

I know that, Michael. So what did REWahoo see?

I know that, Michael. So what did REWahoo see?
He posted what can be seen under the "about me" tab in the member profile. That is public information we all can see.

If you are seeing something different, there probably is some setting that is driving this difference in views. Could be browser / app driven as well. To not disrupt this thread, lets take this to the "Forum Admin" sub-forum.

He posted what can be seen under the "about me" tab in the member profile. That is public information we all can see.

If you are seeing something different, there probably is some setting that is driving this difference in views. Could be browser / app driven as well. To not disrupt this thread, lets take this to the "Forum Admin" sub-forum.

Michael, thanks for moving the discussion, as it was tangential.

When I look at your profile, I can see the About tab, but when I look at Carioca's, I cannot. So I don't think my browser (Safari) is the issue.

When I look at my own Profile Preferences, I see that my profile is visible to Friends. Perhaps Carioca and REWahoo are Friends?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Michael, when I look at your profile, I can see the About tab, but when I look at Carioca's, I cannot. So I don't think my browser (Safari) is the issue.

Thanks for moving the discussion, as it was tangential.
This is interesting. I logged out, closed my browser and deleted all the cookies, then visited the forum as an unregistered visitor. I can see the "about me" section of Carioca, (M from California) but not one for you. The same of other member profiles. Some yes, others no.

I'm pretty sure this is SW related. Could be cache, or something else. Lots of possibilities. I'll ask the tech support folks to look at it if they have some free time.

This is interesting. I logged out, closed my browser and deleted all the cookies, then visited the forum as an unregistered visitor. I can see the "about me" section of Carioca, (M from California) but not one for you. The same of other member profiles. Some yes, others no.

I'm pretty sure this is SW related. Could be cache, or something else. Lots of possibilities. I'll ask the tech support folks to look at it if they have some free time.

Made me check, and I think you are correct! After deleting my cache and signing in afresh, I can now see Carioca's About Me tab.

I must do that more often! :LOL:

Made me check, and I think you are correct! After deleting my cache and signing in afresh, I can now see Carioca's About Me tab.

I must do that more often! :LOL:
That's good. Another mystery solved. :) I appreciate you doing that, I really dislike clearing cache, because it also clears all the login info for all the websites I visit, forcing me to have to think and remember - two things getting more difficult as time goes by.

Brian Williams says he invented this, and was was shot at by an enemy squadron and it saved his life when a bullet from another squadron bounced off the badge.

I wish I could find my old badge. I'd send it to Brian so he could have an undamaged one for his next mission.

That's good. Another mystery solved. :) I appreciate you doing that, I really dislike clearing cache, because it also clears all the login info for all the websites I visit, forcing me to have to think and remember - two things getting more difficult as time goes by.

Clearing Cache = Detox for computers. :LOL:

I think Brian Williams cleared his cache one too many times.

Back
Top Bottom