Missing posts in forum app

Ronstar

Moderator Emeritus
I'm on the er.org app on my iPhone and noticed I'm missing posts in a thread. Specifically posts 406-420 in the photography equipment thread in Life after Fire.

Should I pm a board tech guru? Or is there some setting I need to change?

Sent from my iPhone :).using Early Retirement .//82339)

On my iPhone, there are normally 20 posts per page. I checked most of the pages 1-20 and the ones I checked each have 20 posts. For instance, page 20 has posts 381-400. Problem page 21 only has posts 401-405. Page 22 has posts 421-440 as it should. Page 23 has posts 441-460. Page 24 at this time has posts 461-463.

So posts 406-420 are not present on my iPhone page 21. But it does say 43 more posts remaining at the bottom of page 21 - this is correct. It appears that only page 21 is a problem, but I didn't check every page.

Posts 406-420 are in page 21 on my iPad, so the app on the iPad doesn't have missing posts.

But here may be a quirk. Posts 405 and 406 are from the same member. Both posts are links and quoted text I suppose are from the links. There is no text in either post other than that is from the quotes.

I'm not a programmer, but maybe this situation triggered the problem on my iPhone

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
You might try deleting the cache for your device (or cycle it off and on) and see if it helps.

You might try deleting the cache for your device (or cycle it off and on) and see if it helps.

Tried both. No luck - still have missing posts. But it seems to run faster.

All posts do show up in safari browser on the iPhone, just not in the ER app.

No big deal- I'll just use the browser instead of the app if this happens again

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Last edited:
Just another data point: I'm also using the ER.org app on an iPhone. I'm not seeing the issue you describe.

Often, if an app seems "glitchy", I'll delete the app and re-install it, which generally fixes any problems. Not sure if the ER.org app maintains any data locally that you'd lose by deleting, though.

Back
Top Bottom