more questions on "thank you's"

Recycles dryer sheets
I just found out I had 12 thank you's but I can see only two. Is there a setting I need to change to see the rest? Do you only see them if you go to the user control panel? And....what all should you be able to see...ie:do you click on something to see the whole message?

Thanks

I just found out I had 12 thank you's but I can see only two. Is there a setting I need to change to see the rest?
Did you scroll down the page? There are no user settings but the most recent 25 Thanks should be displayed.
Do you only see them if you go to the user control panel?
Yes.
? And....what all should you be able to see...ie:do you click on something to see the whole message?
Thank you's are like Tweets - you are seeing the entire message.

I just found out I had 12 thank you's but I can see only two.

The other 10 people didn't type anything in when they thanked you - - they had no comments. Otherwise you could see them like the other two.

The other 10 people didn't type anything in when they thanked you - - they had no comments. Otherwise you could see them like the other two.

I have never sent one so I am unfamiliar with the format and options when you do send one. But, it seems logical that if someone sent a TY, you would at least know who sent it even if they didn't have anything else to say.

As I just discovered them, is it possible that the others dropped off due to their post date?

BTW W2R, are you getting anxious yet.....the countdown to retirement is going by quickly!

BTW W2R, are you getting anxious yet.....the countdown to retirement is going by quickly!

That's for sure! Two other people at my work retired this week so that isn't helping. :2funny:

As for the "thankyou's" dropping off, yes they do at some point. Only about 1/4th of the number I am supposed to have received are displayed under my "User CP". But some of those that are displayed, have no comments.

Last edited:
I think that you get 10 points by default when you register so if you are showing 12 and can view 2 comments then that seems right.

I have a question on "thank you's". Are most of you clicking "thanks" on each and every reply you get or do most of you just ignore the button? Does a person accumulate points from being thanked?

I have a question on "thank you's". Are most of you clicking "thanks" on each and every reply you get or do most of you just ignore the button? Does a person accumulate points from being thanked?

Most folks will only send a thank you for a particular thoughtful or funny post they enjoyed reading.

Note also in the User CP "Edit Options", if you scroll all the way down you will see that you have an option to receive an e-mail every time you receive a thank you.

Here's an example of a post to test it. ;). When you receive a thank you note, you have the option of replying by PM.

Does a person accumulate points from being thanked?
Your User CP link will display "Latest thanks received" and "# thanks total", so they are tallied up and you can see who's been poking your "Thanks" button.

But they're not redeemable for dryer sheets or a higher SWR or anything else. Just karma. However after you get a "thanks" you can volunteer to be a moderator. As soon as the other moderators read that last sentence you should have quite a few "thanks" piling up in your User CP.

I still haven't figured out what increments the green squares or the yellow stars* on the user profile, so perhaps the "thanks" system affects one of them.

* Why, yes, I believe they could be magically delicious!

Your User CP link will display "Latest thanks received" and "# thanks total", so they are tallied up and you can see who's been poking your "Thanks" button.
I love being poked. I've got 750+ pokes and I enjoy poking back. :D

The last 25 show; I guess the rest goes to 'thank you' la la land. :(

WOW!!!!

I have a lot of them that I did not know.... saw them for the first time today...

If I ignored what you wrote... it is because I did not KNOW where they were...

What is a 'poke':confused:

In "Lonesome Dove", a poke was what the lonely cowhand wanted to do to the local "working girl" when he had the cash.

Wow... did not know bbbamI got around so much....

Wow... did not know bbbamI got around so much....
Well, she said she liked to be poked. A healthy attitude. Maybe we can have a party. Counting them, though - that's kinda weird. And the whole poking back thing - well, everybody has their own pleasures...

Note also in the User CP "Edit Options", if you scroll all the way down you will see that you have an option to receive an e-mail every time you receive a thank you.

Thanks! (Publicly ;) ) - I looked for that a few times and missed it.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom