No 7 year itch!

RockyMtn

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Today marks my 7th anniversary of FIRE. :dance: Things couldn't have gone any better and I have no regrets of pulling the plug when I did. Took a while to learn how to spend instead of save but I'm getting better at it. Certainly helps that net worth has continued to grow over the last seven years and that I had some stock options that vested and some deferred comp payments to soften the blow.

Tried the snowbird thing for a few years while DGF finished up her work. Now we live fulltime in our former winter area and rent a place for a month or two in the summer when it gets god awful hot down here in the dessert. Downsizing to one, smaller home was a painful process (must have made thirty trips to Goodwill) but also a cleansing experience. Last October we moved into a second home that we bought and remodeled. One level, no steps and showers wide enough to roll a wheelchair into!:LOL:

Only supposed to be 90 here today so I'm off to the golf course!:greetings10:

Only 90? Must be monsoon storms rolling through. Watch out for lightning!

Congrats! Today seems to be a big celebration day for FIREd folks. Sure adds a little flavor to the holiday of INDEPENDENCE DAY, doesn't it?

I think these are my favorite threads.

Last edited:
Today marks 14 years for me. Well, I did "fall off the wagon" for a while there but it was optional and low stress so no worries.

Back
Top Bottom