Original Poster

Sorry I suggested this. I shall keep my thoughts to myself in the future.

Sorry I suggested this. I shall keep my thoughts to myself in the future.

I think it is a good idea. I understand you have suggested it previously. I hope the admins will give it due consideration this time. It is unfortunate that some forum members have subjected this idea to ridicule.

I agree that it's a very good idea. It would be helpful to hear from the admins if they are considering it and/or working on it.

I agree that it's a very good idea. It would be helpful to hear from the admins if they are considering it and/or working on it.
Looks that way
Lol... I sincerely meant interesting and the idea is being looked at with consideration given to implementation issues, as well as how this might impact discussion 'habit' on longer threads.. :)

It is being considered by the admins - as shown previously in this thread.
Lol... I sincerely meant interesting and the idea is being looked at with consideration given to implementation issues, as well as how this might impact discussion 'habit' on longer threads.. :)

I think it is a good idea. I understand you have suggested it previously. I hope the admins will give it due consideration this time. It is unfortunate that some forum members have subjected this idea to ridicule.

I'm not sure that was ridicule, I thought it was just a little thread-drift-funnin'-around.

If it was ridicule, I agree with you - that is unfortunate.

I've made suggestions before, and got what I thought were some pretty odd responses from other members. Effectively saying "I would never use that feature, why waste the admin's time asking for such things? It's a free site, don't look a gift horse in the mouth". Well, just because one member would not use the feature, that doesn't mean others wouldn't find it useful. And as far as the effort, that's up to the admins to determine. If they decide it is not worth the effort, or would be custom code that would 'break' with every upgrade and require too much ongoing maintenance, fine - just tell us.

If I was running a site, I'd sure want suggestions on how to make the experience better for the users. Sometimes they make sense to implement, sometimes not. But if you don't ask, you'll never know.

To re-iterate, since it might have been lost in the thread drift - I would appreciate this as a feature. I do hope the admins provide us with more timely feedback than they did when this was suggested in 2013.

-ERD50

...I'm not sure that was ridicule, I thought it was just a little thread-drift-funnin'-around.

... I do hope the admins provide us with more timely feedback than they did when this was suggested in 2013.

-ERD50

Yes and yes. I think a timely update would be helpful and appreciated.

It is unfortunate that some forum members have subjected this idea to ridicule.

No, not ridicule at all -- I too think it's a good idea and I would very much like to see it implemented. Just having a bit of fun.

Back
Top Bottom