page not loading - (solved - see post #25

Spock

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This morning Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit) is getting:
"The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies."
On URL Forum Admin - Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community
(and many others on this site)

on most of the links. I was only able to access the "Forum Admin" link by coming in through Internet Explorer.

"Is it just me?" Or did something change?

No issue with Safari, but I do allow cookies. Do you have cookies blocked?

I'm having the same problem using Chrome, and I'm not blocking cookies or using an adblocker. If I quote a post and try to reply I get only a blank page or a "page not loading, try clearing your cookies, too many redirects" message.

I can post OK if I don't quote or include an attachment.

I'm having the same problem using Chrome, and I'm not blocking cookies or using an adblocker. If I quote a post and try to reply I get only a blank page or a "page not loading, try clearing your cookies, too many redirects" message.

Using Chrome here on an iPad, and no problems.

Using Chrome here on an iPad, and no problems.

Using Microsoft Chromium Edge here, on a laptop, and no problems for me, either.

I don't have my adblocker turned on. Also I don't tell my browser to delete cookies automatically upon exit, though I do that manually every weekend just before I do my back-up.

No issue with Safari, but I do allow cookies. Do you have cookies blocked?

No changes since yesterday when it worked fine.
I'll fiddiddle with cookies for this site and see if something changes.

Same problem with Chrome on PC. No ER.org cookies.

Works fine on phone app.

I'm using Chrome on a PC, no issues posting or quoting.

This obviously isn't a problem with an individual computer or a browser. Wonder if Andy is seeing problems on his other Social Knowledge Community sites?

Similar problem with Firefox o PC. Chrome (with an ad blocker) is working fine so far.

Chrome is still giving me the problem on both the laptop and desktop, rendering both unusable on the forum. However, Firefox appears to be working OK on my desktop.

Clicked on a link/thread from the Early Retirement newsletter :
Measuring Net Worth - Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

My adblocker is off for the site, and I am accepting cookies :
Enhanced Tracking Protection is off for this site.
Firefox was working yesterday. Problem started this morning
Windows 10 PC / Firefox 70.0.1 (64-bit)

Chrome is working fine.

Error :
The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

One thing you might try is clearing your browsers cache. Safari users are fairly used to this error message but it's rare to see it in chrome - still the same solution may help. In the mean time we'll do some poking around...

Problem with chrome and duck duck go through chrome. No problem with Explorer that has allowed me to write this reply

I've been getting the same error for at least 24+ hours now. Firefox, turned off ad blocker and tried restarting/cleared cookies/cache and still the same. Only able to get this thread to load after a half dozen clicks...

I am getting this same issue on Chrome using Duck Duck Go as well. If I open the site in an incognito window, I will not experience the issue. Attempting to load site like I normally do (w/o being in incognito mode) I get nothing but the too many redirects error. This started happening for me yesterday.

Last edited:
Interesting, just tried to post from Brave (Chromium), and got a totally white screen after "Submit".

Just read of similar havoc caused by Google when they pushed an unknown update to all browsers.
https://www.techradar.com/news/goog...th-an-experimental-update-heres-how-to-fix-it

Could be relevant in some crazy way. For me, Chrome is all good. Brave and Firefox are not so good.

Gonna try clearing the old COOKEEZ followed by one finger power reboot.

If/when someone figures this out, please post. I am able to get on with Edge that I use as a backup for problems with Chrome. But not very convenient. Thanks

Interesting, just tried to post from Brave (Chromium), and got a totally white screen after "Submit".
That happens to me when using Chrome.

For me, Chrome is all good. Brave and Firefox are not so good.

For me, Firefox is good while Chrome is not good.

I've cleared my cache and cookies on Chrome and still the problem continues.

If/when someone figures this out, please post. I am able to get on with Edge that I use as a backup for problems with Chrome. But not very convenient. Thanks

At least for me I have figured this out.

I have only tested in Chrome, but I noticed that I could view the site fine in incognito mode. While in incognito mode I do not receive the TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error.

I took a look at the extensions I have enabled, one of which is Duck Duck Go Privacy Essentials. That extension turned out to be the involved in the generation of this error.

All extensions have an option to enable them in incognito mode(by default extensions don't load in incognito mode). I enabled this extension for incognito mode and then I began getting the same redirect error while in incognito mode as I was previously when not in incognito mode.

I then went back and disabled the extension overall and the site began working as expected in normal or incognito mode with the extension disabled.

Back
Top Bottom