Paging maintenance to Private Messages

Meadbh

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Something is wrong with "Send Private Messages". I just can't send a PM today. I've tried multiple times, starting from the message I want to respond to, going through the User CP, going through Private Messages, starting with the members list, and trying via the member's email. I wondered if my private message box was too full, so I cleaned it out. No joy there. I was using Google Chrome, so I switched to Internet Explorer. NADA. When I press preview or submit, the arrow or circle goes round and round and round endlessly. Eventually I give up after ~5 minutes. It's a simple message, so it can't be content related, and my internet connection is fine.

What gives?

I just received and sent a PM. Hmmmm..... Usually if there is a computer problem, it gets me first!

I wonder if a mailbox can be full so that new messages can't be sent to it (for some reason I think in that case that old messages would automatically be deleted when new ones came in, but maybe?).

ETA: I just sent a PM and received a response from the person I believe Mead was trying to PM without any trouble.

Andy?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom