PHP Problem

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Am I the only one getting this when I choose "go to first new post?"

Attachments

• php.jpg
    php.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 23
Ouch, that could be a server problem. If that file does indeed contain the PHP code, I have a potential problem with a site that I've coded - I didn't realise that an Apache server error could result in PHP code being served up as a file, and some of my code contains encryption data which would let you hack the rest of my site.

Can you save the PHP file and post it here?

Al, is this still happening or was it limited time issue?

Right, here's the info. The problem is still happening every time.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name E1505
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model MM061
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1664 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A11, 12/11/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name E1505\Al
Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 2,560.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 1.61 GB
Manhood length 12 inches
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 6.07 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Al,
Clear all caches you can find. Log out of E-R and log back in.
That link you posted brings me right to this thread. I'm using FF 3.6.13 on XP SP3. My manhood length is considerably less.
Seriously though, I think it's a problem on your end. Hope I'm wrong though, and the admin fixes it for you.

My manhood length is considerably less.
Wow, I never thought anyone would notice that! Good reading!

I'll try the cache clears, etc.

Seriously though, I think it's a problem on your end. Hope I'm wrong though, and the admin fixes it for you.

Clearly, in Tal's posting of particulars:

"Available Physical Memory 1.61 GB
Manhood length 12 inches
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB"

I can't believe people read what I post in such detail.

Anyway, clearing caches, history, logging out/in, rebooting windows -- none of those fixed the problem.

The problem does not occur when I use Internet Explorer.

It looks like it must be on my end, since no one else sees it.

TAl may have an impressive manhood length but he only has a tiny url ;) (in his sig line)

You can reset all file download actions to the default settings by
removing the mimeTypes.rdf file from the Firefox profile folder, as
follows:

1. Close Firefox completely
2. Open the Firefox profile folder. Important: this folder is hidden
by default on Windows and Linux. Read this for help finding it.
3. Delete (or rename) the "mimeTypes.rdf" file (a new file will be
created when you next start Firefox)
That could work. Just rename, in case the mentioned file.
I found that at:
How disable save file popup error message: file "could not be saved, because the source file could not be read." ; jor - mozilla.support.firefox | Google Groups

You can reset all file download actions to the default settings by
removing the mimeTypes.rdf file from the Firefox profile folder, as
follows:

1. Close Firefox completely
2. Open the Firefox profile folder. Important: this folder is hidden
by default on Windows and Linux. Read this for help finding it.
3. Delete (or rename) the "mimeTypes.rdf" file (a new file will be
created when you next start Firefox)

Thanks, but that did not work.

Right, here's the info. The problem is still happening every time.

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name E1505
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model MM061
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1664 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A11, 12/11/2006
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"
User Name E1505\Al
Manhood length 12 inches
Page File Space 6.07 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

You just had to have some fun with this, didn't you Al?
:LOL:

I count 11 cookies under early-retirement in tools > options > privacy > remove individual cookies. One of these may be corrupted?
And "remember history" is selected?

I had some trouble with some of the functions at this board (and then a couple of other sites) and it turned out my Internet service provider needed to reset my modem, from the ISP's end. I couldn't do anything to overcome the problems nor could the sites themselves. So maybe give your ISP a call?

[-]I did a system restore to Jan 27, and that solved the problem. Yay, but I guess I'll never know what happened.

Thanks for all of your help, and for the careful reading of my stats.[/-]

No -- it's happening again.

After a system restore, the first time I try it, it may work, or it may give this result:

PHPProblem.jpg

Then it will go back to the original problem.

That can happen sometimes when a transmission is interrupted between server and user but as you report no trouble in other browsers it's hard to pin point.

One thing you might try is uninstalling FF and reloading.

Thanks. The isp has been flakey today. Service has been interrupted several times. I'll experiment more later.

Post from ipod.

Tried safe mode -- same thing.

When I run with private browsing, it will work fine between 0 and 3 times. That is, sometimes it fails the first time, sometimes I can do it about 3 times and have it work each time.

But once it fails, it will no longer work (e.g. I can try 10 times and it fails each time).

I'll give it some time (maybe ISP will fix something), then try some more stuff. I use that button a lot.

With IE, I did it 10 times with no failures. My understanding is that IE handles file types differently -- this may or may not be relevant:

When you click on a link, your browser sends an http request. The system at the other end evaluates the request, then sends back an http response header attached to the return file. NOTE: this is in addition to any statements included in the <head> section of an actual html document.

Browsers handle the reception of the response header transparently so the general user is not aware of it.

One of the functions of the http response header is to define what type of file is attached, via a "content-type" (often referred to as MIME type) declaration - this tells the browser how to handle the file. It is this content-type in the response header (NOT the filename extension) that FFox uses to determine how to handle the file. It is the responsibility of the server housing the files to send an appropriate content-type in the http response header.

Sometimes the server housing the file in question may not be configured correctly and delivers an http response header with an incorrect content type. Files to be displayed as Html should have content type of "text/html"; plain text files should have content type of "text/plain"; executable files will have content type "application/octet-stream" or one more specific to the application.

If a file is served with a content type that isn't automatically displayed or handled by FFox, it will ask you what to do with the file. MSIE, on the other hand, ignores the http standards, ignores the http header content-type, and takes its own best guess on how to handle the file - consequently many server admins aren't even aware of the problem if they are serving the files with the wrong content type.

So if your file is being served with a content type other than "text/html" then TBird won't display it as a web page.

You can see what content type was received by FFox. Right-click on an empty part of the displayed page and choose "View Page Info" from the resulting menu. Under the General tab, look at the "type" line.

If you're not convinced (or don't trust what FFox tells you, or, as in your case, if the page isn't displayed by FFox at all so you can't view its page info), go to www.web-sniffer.net and enter the URL of your page or link. Then scroll down to the reply header that is displayed and see what is listed as "content type".

If an inappropriate content type is being sent, contact the webmaster, as they need to fix this at the server.​

Manhood length 12 inches

That's quite a default setting you've got there, Al.

Manhood length 12 inches
I can't choose between the punchlines:
"At least that's what Microsoft claims 12 inches looks like"
or
"It'll run better on a Mac!"

Back
Top Bottom