Portal page has been released...

Andy R

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
Based on the positive feedback on the portal page (link) I have gone ahead and rolled this out as our new home page. I was able to make a few adjustments to make each row of the thread titles smaller so there are 40 threads being shown. I was also able to change the link from the threads so when you click on one it will take you strait to the last post that you read. I think this second change will be very helpful as you can use this to see all the posts in all the forums and jump to the right spot very easily.

You can get to the new portal interface two ways. One is to just go to the main page of our domain name www.early-retirement.org and the second is to use the link at the top of the page that says portal.

I plan to make the left column optional so users with small screen resolution can disable that. Please post your thoughts, feedback, suggestions on how to improve this portal page and I will work to incorporate them ASAP.

Kind regards,

Andy

Attachments

• portal image.gif
    portal image.gif
    8.4 KB · Views: 150
Portal page is nice, however, I think it could be better.

I see that the column is titled:

Title, Username, & Date

But, all I see is the title, and I get a preview if I mouse-over. But, I don't see 'Username and Date' ( I assume this means the OP name,date).

I tried on three different browsers, FireFox, Safari and Camino and it was the same.

I think it would be great to show the OP name/date, and maybe this was the intention, but I don't see it.

-ERD50

Thanks Andy. I like the new page.

Back
Top Bottom