Problems with This Site?

tangomonster

Full time employment: Posting here.
Has anyone else had problems accessing these boards yesterday and this morning? I'm trying to figure out if I need to fire (and not our type of FIRE!) AT & T as my ISP!:confused:

No problems here - can't remember the last time I had difficulty.

Our IT dept told me last week that there have been massive assaults on Yahoo and Google recently. Somebody is eating up a lot of bandwidth it seems.

Lots of slow loads and time-outs, including while trying to post this... :rant:

Has anyone else had problems accessing these boards yesterday and this morning? I'm trying to figure out if I need to fire (and not our type of FIRE!) AT & T as my ISP!:confused:

Site Status Reports

E-R.org's been worse but the Google adserver really slows things down. It's a lot easier to open multiple windows than to click back & forth among posts.

I make it a habit now to copy my message before posting. I've written too many posts that get hung up when I hit the send button and then get lost forever.

Now when it happens I just do the ol' Ctrl V trick.

When it's slow, I've noticed the following enough times to believe that it's not a coincidence.

I click on a topic, and there's a long delay -- no progress.
I click on the Stop icon, and click on the topic again and it loads instantly.

This is the first time today that I have been able to get on this site and it was still very slow to load. All the other sites I visit have been fast so it has to be site specific. Bummer.
2fer:confused:

Lots of slow loads and time-outs, including while trying to post this... :rant:

Me too. I wasn't on this morning, but tonight after the game I attempted a few times and gave up. This is by far the poorest performing site, of any type, that I go to.

Ha

I am getting errors that drive me to some msft error reporting and then drops me off the site. I thought it might be some msft thing, since I recently accepted some upgrades. I guess it isn't.

I just realized this post wasn't on the forum admin topic so Andy probably missed it. I just posted a link on the moderator board.

When it's slow, I've noticed the following enough times to believe that it's not a coincidence.

I click on a topic, and there's a long delay -- no progress.
I click on the Stop icon, and click on the topic again and it loads instantly.

I can confirm that. It almost feels like some script is looping until you break it by reloading the page.

Problems with slow loading and timing out again today...

Last edited:
I can't get into the Portal although I am logged in.

When I tried to access the portal, it told me I didn't have sufficent privledges to access that page....:confused:

Back
Top Bottom