Question about reading current threads

Jerry1

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
When I go to a thread by clicking on the link in the recent threads box, the link takes me to the most recent post in thread that I haven't read. When I read a thread by going into a specific forum and click on the name of the thread, I end up at the beginning of the thread - i.e., there's no apparent memory of what I have already read as there is when I read in trough the recent posts link.

How can I get the same functionality when not using the recent threads link?

Instead of clicking on the thread title, click on the little down arrow right in front of the title. If you do click on the title, there should be a button above the first post that says View First Unread.

Thanks. That works.

Arghhh, thank you for asking!!!! This has driven me nuts since I joined the forum and I had just resigned myself to only reading the ‘recent threads’ page because it was too annoying to sort through previous posts.

Oh, wow, never noticed that, thanks!!!

Maybe there's another trick I don't know, that someone could help me with:

I go to "New Posts" when I first log on. But it starts me off on the most recent post.

It would be better to start at the OLDEST post I haven't read, then work my way back in chronological order to the newest.

To do this, I have to guess how many pages might be new, go there, and start scrolling up and down until I see the line "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts."

Is there any way to start there?

Better yet, don't even show the ones below that line. I've already seen them, and chosen not to open them up. Why show them to me again? Some other forums work this way, so I know it's possible.

But maybe I'm just missing something (again!)

Capt Tom, super easy solution-just visit the site more frequently! :D

Back
Top Bottom