Report software quirks here

Was I a bad girl:confused: Why can't I access the portal page?

Have your bribed a moderator today:confused:

I'm not sure why you are having this trouble and I can't recreate this problem.

So - here's what i suggest:
Delete your temp internet files and cookies and then try again.
You will have to log in again after you do this. Be sure to click the 'remember me" box when you log in.

If you are using IE:

>Tools
>Internet options
>general security tab
>delete cookies
>delete Files

Hit OK.

If this doesn't work - we'll try something else.

Quirky cursor behavior when opening a thread...When I open a thread, my cursor will, after a one or two second pause, go to the bottom of the page and come to rest in the "quick reply>Message" box. I have to select an area outside of the the message box to page up or home back to the top. Windows XP/IE7. Anyone else experience this/found a fix?

Thanks,

dc

This might be the "jump to last post" feature where the browser jumps to what is called an Anchor in HTML. It requires the page to be fully rendered so if you are somewhere else on the page it will seem to jump to the anchor when the page finishes loading.

Password reset troubles...

Hi,

I forgot my password and have been unable to get my password reset under my original user name, so I created this secondary username to contact you for assistance.

i have requested the password reset, but when I go to the link emailed to me to secure the reset password, I never receive the next email with the new password. I have tried this numerous times over the past week. I would like to go back to using my original user id and email if possible. Can you help? Thanks.

-AJ

Thanks.

I have a picture profile saved, but when I hit save changes it won't upload the file. Can you help?

Hi,

I forgot my password and have been unable to get my password reset under my original user name, so I created this secondary username to contact you for assistance.

i have requested the password reset, but when I go to the link emailed to me to secure the reset password, I never receive the next email with the new password. I have tried this numerous times over the past week. I would like to go back to using my original user id and email if possible. Can you help? Thanks.

-AJ

Thanks.

Hi - please use the contact us link at the bottom of the page to contact the help desk. we can get your password sorted out and merge the 2 accounts.

I have a picture profile saved, but when I hit save changes it won't upload the file. Can you help?

Please try again - be sure that your image matched the size requirements specified on the upload screen. Holler if it doesn't work again.

Hey, I noted a bit of a problem on the site after I downloaded Firefox 3.0 yesterday, and some others noted it on a thread (Firefox 3.0) as well. Any admin looking at this?
It seems that the pages hang up and show as "stopped" in the lower corner. If I go back to my original bookmark, or R.Wood says if he hits the back arrow, it works again. An intermittent problem, but one I thought you might want to know about.
Thanks!

Hey, I noted a bit of a problem on the site after I downloaded Firefox 3.0 yesterday, and some others noted it on a thread (Firefox 3.0) as well. Any admin looking at this?
It seems that the pages hang up and show as "stopped" in the lower corner. If I go back to my original bookmark, or R.Wood says if he hits the back arrow, it works again. An intermittent problem, but one I thought you might want to know about.
Thanks!

I just had this happen with Firefox 3.0.

I was going to install ff3 at home tonight. If it happens to me too, I'd be happy to trace the traffic with Ethereal and see what's going on.

This morning the forum software is not remembering which posts I have already read.

Normally, I would read a few posts then click on "new posts" and the read posts would not re-appear.

Now they keep re-appearing.

Edit: I am going to "mark forums read" and come back in a while to see if it solves the problem.

This morning the forum software is not remembering which posts I have already read.

Normally, I would read a few posts then click on "new posts" and the read posts would not re-appear.

Now they keep re-appearing.

I've been having this same issue; i.e. the software doesn't mark posts as "read".

No users or forums are on "ignore"...
Opps, my bad, I got the issue mixed up with the forum ignore not working.

I have run some database repair/optimize scripts to see if that fixes the issue. If it does not and we do not hear the issue effecting many others, I would suggest logging out so you see the "cookies has been deleted message" and then logging back in. This should reset your E-R.org cookie and hopefully fix the issue.

EDIT feature not working

Don't get the edit button on my posts, wanted to modify one this AM and I cannot do it. My user information says you MAY edit posts..

Thanks for the response. , I posted it late last night, then remembered a couple of additional facts this AM. No big deal.

Back
Top Bottom