Search Question

davemartin88

Full time employment: Posting here.
When I select the Search link at the top of the forum and ask to "view all discussions started by you", I don't see a thread I started about carving lithopanes on a computer controlled router. I don't remember the exact title? If I select view all your posts", I don't see any of the posts I made in that thread either? Am I missing something or could that thread have been deleted? Thanks.

Added to post above- interesting, I just searched again for all my posts and this one about my search issue showed up in the list. An earlier post from this morning in the Life After ER forum didn't show up?

Last edited:
I didn't think it was deleted but got me wondering when I can't find it in my search results. Just selected the search for all posts I started again after you note and this one doesn't show up. Thanks for finding it for me!

I didn't think it was deleted but got me wondering when I can't find it in my search results. Just selected the search for all posts I started again after you note and this one doesn't show up. Thanks for finding it for me!
I just went to your Public Profile > statistics > Find all threads started by davemartin88 and found all the threads mentioned, including this one.

I just went to your Public Profile > statistics > Find all threads started by davemartin88 and found all the threads mentioned, including this one.

Just did the same thing and the Corian thread isn't listed- here's a capture of the screen from this morning. No big issue, just kind of odd and it figures the one thread missing from the search was the one I was looking for? Thanks.

img_1528810_0_874267de100dec63d806f0d410a15a22.jpg

........ just kind of odd and it figures the one thread missing from the search was the one I was looking for? Thanks.
Trust us. We know which threads are dangerous to the common good. :cool:

When I select the Search link at the top of the forum and ask to "view all discussions started by you", I don't see a thread I started about carving lithopanes on a computer controlled router. I don't remember the exact title? If I select view all your posts", I don't see any of the posts I made in that thread either? Am I missing something or could that thread have been deleted? Thanks.

Added to post above- interesting, I just searched again for all my posts and this one about my search issue showed up in the list. An earlier post from this morning in the Life After ER forum didn't show up?

Just tried to find the post I started on "what we're making" and doesn't show up in my search results again, very odd.

Never mind, if I use the google search option, I can find the thread.

It is common for a Google search to be higher quality than the search built into a forum. It's like that on every forum I belong to.

It is common for a Google search to be higher quality than the search built into a forum. It's like that on every forum I belong to.

Yes, but OTOH, the Google search doesn't let you do things like select "started by member xyzzzy" or limit the search to a sub-forum.

I think the main limitation for the built in search is it just doesn't seem to do a logical "X AND "Y" must be present. Well, and sometimes it does just seem flaky.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom