shortened URLs

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
Sometimes we post very long URLs that make the message run off the screen. I have taken the liberty of shortening some of the URLs using www.tinyurl.com. If you go to that website, you can plug in your long address and it generates a short one for you. Otherwise, you can create a short cut by typing [ URL=(insert long address her)] (insert what you want to call your shortcut here)[/URL]
Leave out the space after the first bracket.

Martha said:
Sometimes we post very long URLs that make the message run off the screen. I have taken the liberty of shortening some of the URLs using www.tinyurl.com. If you go to that website, you can plug in your long address and it generates a short one for you. Otherwise, you can create a short cut by typing [ URL=(insert long address her)] (insert what you want to call your shortcut here)[/URL]
Leave out the space after the first bracket.

Who'd have thunk it?

A topic dear to the heart of many at ER Forums:

Topical Book at Amazon.com

Short Description

Quick Guide on Short URLs

First image is with a real link and a nonworking demo link as cut-and-pasted. Second image highlights what I added to produce the results shown above. On the real long link you can't see some of the stuff because it's way at the end of that long link. See the side scroll bar?

Attachments

• before.png
    before.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 64
  • after--highlights.png
    after--highlights.png
    9.4 KB · Views: 67
  • before.png_thumb
    7.6 KB · Views: 0
  • after--highlights.png_thumb
    9.3 KB · Views: 0
BigMoneyJim said:
First image is with a real link and a nonworking demo link as cut-and-pasted. Second image highlights what I added to produce the results shown above. On the real long link you can't see some of the stuff because it's way at the end of that long link. See the side scroll bar?
So what you're saying is to embed the link in the hyperlink tag.

Click on the globe icon to get the "" tag, add an equals sign to the " to become "[url=]", and cut&paste ...ink I picked up the trick from RADDR's board.

Back
Top Bottom