Site through RSS

sinbad

Confused about dryer sheets
Hello all,
I've been lurking here for a pair of years already.

I normally follow the new messages through RSS reader (like google reader, for instance) but in the way I've set it up I'm only notified of new threads and not all the messages/answers/updates that the threads receive.

Do any of you know of a way to be able to be notified (through RSS) regarding all messages?

(for instance I also follow bogleheads.com and apparently their default is to notify all messages).

Thanks and regards,
sinbad

PS: I believe this is my first post here, so please let me thank you for all the information you share. It surelly has a very positive impact in the lives of lots of people as it is very useful to be able to count on the opinion of such balanced and experienced guys.

Nice to meet you. Unfortunately I don't have an answer to your question.

I would be interested in the answer to this, also. This is the only (well, one of the very few) Forums I follow that doesn't have a RSS feed. As a consequence, I only get around here every three/four days... or a week or so. And even then I only look at those messages that are current -- meaning that day/hour -- and if the "Subject" catches my attention. I would like to be able to once (or twice) a day glance at ALL of the posts.

Of course, I do get those e-mails on threads I have subscribed to by responding... but those are not always responded to.

(Yeah, I suppose there will be those that are quite happy with this and, in fact, think one a week is too often for me to show up.)

I normally follow the new messages through RSS reader (like google reader, for instance) but in the way I've set it up I'm only notified of new threads and not all the messages/answers/updates that the threads receive. Do any of you know of a way to be able to be notified (through RSS) regarding all messages?
Generally, that's not the way RSS feeds from online forums work. However, you can subscribe via email to the specific forum, and you'll get an email that looks like this each day:

You are subscribed to the forum Other topics, there have been 2 new thread(s) and 10 updated thread(s).
Other topics - Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

The following threads are new:

<snip>

The following threads have been updated:

<snip>

(for instance I also follow bogleheads.com and apparently their default is to notify all messages).
bogleheads.com uses their own, non-standard software.

Back
Top Bottom