"Smilies" config option?

ERD50

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
There are a bunch of "Smilies" on the right side of the post compose page, and a "More" link.

Two (1st world) issues:

1) When I click "More", it opens a small window that I always need to grab and expand to find what I want. Can this "More" window be made larger, sized to show all content w/o scrolling/re-sizing?

2) Many of the Smilies that I use regularly are easy to remember and easy to type (just a ":" or ";" followed by a ")" or "(" ). But the ones that are harder to remember, are on the "More" page. Can we change/add/subtract to the set that are on the right pane?

TIA - ERD50

I must have had a blind spot as it didn't dawn on me til now (after reading ERD's post) that there actually is a "More" window for the smileys ... :duh:.

There are a bunch of "Smilies" on the right side of the post compose page, and a "More" link.

Two (1st world) issues:

1) When I click "More", it opens a small window that I always need to grab and expand to find what I want. Can this "More" window be made larger, sized to show all content w/o scrolling/re-sizing?

2) Many of the Smilies that I use regularly are easy to remember and easy to type (just a ":" or ";" followed by a ")" or "(" ). But the ones that are harder to remember, are on the "More" page. Can we change/add/subtract to the set that are on the right pane?

TIA - ERD50

I'm glad you can remember the keyboard shortcuts but lots of folks can't. The most commonly used smilies were front loaded in the editor to avoid extra clicks. Changing box size on the "more" view is not so simple.

:flowers:

... Changing box size on the "more" view is not so simple.

:flowers:

Ahh, too bad. Well, thanks for looking into it.

I'm glad you can remember the keyboard shortcuts but lots of folks can't. The most commonly used smilies were front loaded in the editor to avoid extra clicks. ....

Or are they the most commonly used because they are front loaded? :)

-ERD50

Or are they the most commonly used because they are front loaded? :)

-ERD50

Good question but really.... would you want to see these as your first options?
:horse::spam::duh::trash:

The board vibe would be changed....

;)

Good question but really.... would you want to see these as your first options?
:horse::spam::duh::trash:

The board vibe would be changed....

;)

:LOL:

I see, admins are using subliminal mind control to keep posters in line!

In this case, probably a good thing! :)

-ERD50

Maybe I’m misunderstanding the question, but when I click on “More” I get a large window that shows all the ER.org emojis on my PC and iPad. But it’s always been that way, I didn’t do anything to enlarge the window. If I knew I’d be glad to share.

Attachments

• 248CA333-3769-41CA-9F51-BFC09D59F6BA.jpg
    248CA333-3769-41CA-9F51-BFC09D59F6BA.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 6
Maybe I’m misunderstanding the question, but when I click on “More” I get a large window that shows all the ER.org emojis on my PC and iPad. But it’s always been that way, I didn’t do anything to enlarge the window. If I knew I’d be glad to share.

Probably browser/OS dependent then. I'm currently on Firefox and Xubuntu/Linux. Pretty sure it was the same with Chrome for me.

-ERD50

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2018-10-24 19-51-35.png
    Screenshot from 2018-10-24 19-51-35.png
    32.2 KB · Views: 20
Probably browser/OS dependent then. I'm currently on Firefox and Xubuntu/Linux. Pretty sure it was the same with Chrome for me.

-ERD50
That’s odd. I use Firefox on Win10 exclusively, sorry I can’t be more helpful.

Back
Top Bottom