Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Spamming Sh[yster? yeah that's it] problem!
Old 07-27-2005, 02:13 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Spamming Sh[yster? yeah that's it] problem!

Dory, is there anything you can do to control this latest infestation?* At least chop its account.* It isn't as insidious as h****, but it sure is prolific.

[Edited for a kindler, gentler subject line. We have mods to catch these people now. -BMJ]

- George Orwell

Ezekiel 23:20
brewer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Spamming Sh!thead problem!
Old 07-27-2005, 02:33 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

He's posted 20 messages since dory36 last logged on, and I think dory36 thinks he had him blocked for a day or more. I posted a message here warning him to slow down unti dory36 comes back or I'd slow it down for him.
BigMoneyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 03:42 PM   #3
Early-Retirement.org Founder
Developer of FIRECalc

Whew - I blocked the other IP he used for a couple of more days, and his username.

New guys -- we're really a pretty tolerant welcoming bunch. But think of this as a conversation that has been going on for quite a while -- years, for many of us. Would you barge into such a conversation in another setting, without getting to know people first?

We welcome new folks interested in the topics we are interested in. We don't welcome people who just see us as another group of marks for some scheme.

How to tell the difference? If someone new moved into your neighborhood, and you invited them over for a visit, you'd expect them to introduce themselves, seek to learn about you, and slowly get acquainted. If they started with a hard sales pitch (for anything) before you'd gotten acquainted, you'd likely ask them to leave -- and certainly wouldn't ask them back.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. Mark Twain
dory36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 04:28 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Trolls cease to exist when all of their original topics that they posted are DELETED. And when all of their responses to the threads of others are DELETED. And any new identities of themselves that pop up are DELETED.

I've actively moderated boards before, one warning is enough. No wheedling or obfuscation should be allowed. Cut off and remove the infected entity before it spreads.

No Mr. Nice Guy when dealing with major infections!

DELETE DELETE DELETE!