Strange thing happening ever since New Forum......

I used to stay "logged in" all the time. Now I have to log in every time, even if I select "stay logged in" :confused:

th said:
... Well, once when I licked 'post' it sat a while and came back that the site didnt respond but thats one little glitch in a couple of weeks.

Maybe try using your fingers next time...

Dory,

I am having this problem very seldom any more. I am guessing that AOL has updated its servers and eventually this will go away!

Thanks for your help.

Notth said:
CT - did you try any of the suggestions?

I did try all of your suggestions. flushdns and resgisterdns. I still get the problem daily.

When I got the 'Web site not responding" message today, I tired Internet Explorer Browser and I was able to get to the forum without any problems.

So this problem is definitely related to AOL, so I guess it will probably go away eventually.

Its their proxy servers most likely. Plain old IE probably doesnt use their proxy servers, while the AOL version does. One of those proxy servers isnt updating its DNS cache. Someday they'll reboot it or upgrade it and it'll go away.

The good news is you only have to pay $15 extra a month for these great features! ;)

Notth said:
Its their proxy servers most likely.  Plain old IE probably doesnt use their proxy servers, while the AOL version does.  One of those proxy servers isnt updating its DNS cache.  Someday they'll reboot it or upgrade it and it'll go away.

The good news is you only have to pay $15 extra a month for these great features! ;)

Really, can you tell me how to get an ISP for a negative 5 dollars a month? I'll sign up today! :)

Back
Top Bottom