That 'thumbs up' icon

Hah! Unmasked!

Unfortunately it was exactly who I thought it was. I was hoping for a surprise!

Did I do okay on the comment?

How thanks feature works

I've had several notes about the new thanks button - here's a rundown on how it works.

If you like a post or have a positive comment to make to the poster, you can click on the thumbs up button. A comment box will pop up and you can enter text or opt to leave it blank.

The member receiving the thanks can view it via their user cp, just under the list of subscribed threads. The comments will be displayed as well as the date, name of person leaving the comment and a link to the post referenced in the comment.

Only the most recent 12 comments are displayed.

There are no prizes, swag or any other kind of forum favors that can be traded for thanks. It's just for fun and to help cut down on the number of one liner posts. This is another way to show approval.

By the way, theres a nice long field for the thread name in the thanks message, but it gets cut off after 20 characters leaving a '...' after it, with no way to view whats left. Looks like theres room for at least another 40 characters in the table displayed in usercp...

You should be able to see who left comments now.

Whoa, that was close! I had a scheme that involved weird Thanks with signatures from others. Glad I didn't get around to implementing it.

And the one's I got were not from who I thought they were from.

I've had several notes about the new thanks button - here's a rundown on how it works.
The member receiving the thanks can view it via their user cp, just under the list of subscribed threads. The comments will be displayed as well as the date, name of person leaving the comment and a link to the post referenced in the comment.
I'm not seein' it.

When I click on my "User CP" link, the "Latest Thanks Received" box has only three columns-- thread link, date, and comments.

Technically there's a fourth column with a small green box in each row. The column is not labelled and the boxes don't appear to do anything.

Do I need to tweak some setting to see who left the comment, or did I miss a recent policy change?

Here's what mine looks like:

thanks2.jpg

[Sorry I didn't PM you Martha, but I thought that was from CFB (when it was truly anonymous).]

Back
Top Bottom