Thread disappearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixonge

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I can no longer find a thread, and my last post to the thread is not in my statistics history. So what has happened?

1 - Thread has been hidden
2 - Thread has been deleted
3 - I have been banned from the thread
4 - I am imagining things, the thread never existed :blink:

I can no longer find a thread, and my last post to the thread is not in my statistics history. So what has happened?

1 - Thread has been hidden
2 - Thread has been deleted
3 - I have been banned from the thread
4 - I am imagining things, the thread never existed :blink:
Option 3 is not possible, E-R forum does not ban members from threads. Option 2 is unlikely, threads are rarely deleted and then only for reasons that are compelling. Option 1 is possible, the thread might be offline if the moderators feel it needs to be discussed. Option 4 is a distinct possibility.

I witnessed this happening today. I clicked on a link that was in an email notification about a post to it yesterday but the resulting webpage on E-R.org just said to contract the admin with a link. I did that.

Coincidently I think the thread I'm talking about was started by a moderator/administrator.

As a general point, I have noticed that when a thread in under review by the mods, it is removed temporarily.

As a general point, I have noticed that when a thread in under review by the mods, it is removed temporarily.

^

The other thread is now visible, although is closed as per the reasons stated in the closure post.

I will also now close this thread as it needs no further action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom