Turning off the email notifications

samclem

Moderator Emeritus
I can't turn off the email notification for subscribed threads. I've turned it off on the User Control Panel, and it is still turned off when I log off and log in--but the emails keep coming. Any hints?

Andy, thanks, I did as you suggested.

I had previously done this:

Control Panel>Edit Options>Messaging and Notifications>Default Thread Subscription Mode> No Email Notifications. This did not turn off all my notifications of existing subscribed threads--but will it prevent email notifications of newly subscribed threads?

samclem

Yes, that will subscribe you to the threads you post to (so you can see which ones have new posts easily but it will not send you an email notification to let you know someone responded.

So I've changed my profile so that any threads I post to will set the thread to Notification = None, which is what I want now.

But for threads that I participated in before the profile change, they are still set to Notification = Daily.

Is there any way to change all those Notification = Daily to Notification = None, or do I need to click into each thread and unsubscribe?

You will need to unsubscribe to each thread via your user cp or I can delete ALL your subscriptions for you.

You will need to unsubscribe to each thread via your user cp or I can delete ALL your subscriptions for you.
Thanks Janet. I didn't have too many, so I had a click-fest. Holding down "control" made it pretty quick.

--Dale--

OK. I, too, want to delete my subscriptions (or change them to no email) so I won't get the email notifications which are overwhelming me. I am not finding a way to do this except to select a page of subscriptions and then turn the emails off. There doesn't seem to be a way to select all the subscriptions and turn it off in one fell swoop.

Is there any other solution other than having to go through all 30 pages of subscriptions?

I tried deleting all the subscriptions but it said invalid folder.

Go to "User CP". Click on "subscribed threads" to expand it. Click on "List Subsciptions". Click on "Empty Current Folder". It will ask you to confirm. Click "yes" and the list should be cleared.

However, yours already says it is currently empty. I have changed you to "no subscriptions" going forward. Tell me if you want something different.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom