Validation Question Confusion

enderland

Dryer sheet wannabe
I just registered here. I failed the first validation questions which was something along the lines of:

What is two plus two times three

I incorrectly guessed this was meant as 2+2*3=8. It appears what was meant was (2+2)*3=12.

This confused me a bit :)

I just registered here. I failed the first validation questions which was something along the lines of:

I incorrectly guessed this was meant as 2+2*3=8. It appears what was meant was (2+2)*3=12.

With over-analysis like this you're going to fit in perfect around here.

Hmmm, perhaps this could be my "Welcome" thread? Hah!

edit - also, I did notice the "Confused about dryer sheets" level. This is pretty funny, up until a few years ago I never questioned why you used dryer sheets, and then we ran out and I stopped... never bought them again since.

Yes, just because you did the operations in the correct sequence, don't consider for a moment that you won't get grief from other posters here, who will chime in with myriad reasons why the correct sequence is flawed and should be changed. :LOL:

Anyway, welcome to the board. :)

As a great moderator emeritus often says, numbers is hard. Glad you figured it out.

This problem is easily solved using Order of Operations, which IIRC is taught in middle school. So, the real question is "what was that programmer doing during math class?" :D

Last edited:
Validation question? Math class? Way too much brain effort for a Monday morning. :)

It's hard to believe that any self-respecting programmer would pose a question like that. I would hate to see his code.

The problem is that no self respecting coder set up the barrier questions, I did. (musician here......). The actual question was What is the sum of two plus two multiplied by 3?

We have other fun questions designed to foil registration bots (automated spammers) e.g. What color is the sky on a clear sunny day, how many annuity salesmen does it take to screw in a lightbulb, etc....

Sorry for the confusion, glad you managed to register anyhoo... :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom