Very Obnoxious Ad on Website

Telly

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This ad has so much video action, that it maxes out my poor cpu. It is (eventually, slowly, excruciatingly) advertising something called "True North" whatever the hell that is. I have never seen such a cpu-intensive garbage ad on a website before.

Are you using Firefox as your browser? I am, and I've never seen this ad.

ad block plus with firefox. What ad? :)

NOTE to any web site owners:

Obnoxious ads are self-defeating and counter productive.

I never installed ad blockers on my browser, because I felt it was a bit dishonest to enjoy a "free" site, and then block their ads. Then one day, on another forum, they started putting in some really ugly, context sensitive ads. It made the site un-usable.

I installed an ad blocker the next day. I'm not particularly proud of that, but I have my limits. And because of that, I don't see the ads on this site either. Now that I'm reading about these issues, I'm bothered a bit less by that. Sorry, but dat's da facts.

-ERD50

Yeah, what they said.....Foxfire & AdBlock Plus! I went that route to get rid of all the ads on one of the weather websites quite some time ago.....it was taking forever and a day for their page to load with all the ads on it. After I installed the ad blocker, their page loads almost instantly! I feel NO guilt whatsoever about not seeing annoying ads.....I never clicked on any of them anyway. ;)

I didn't see the ad either...and I extend a belated, but sincere, THANK YOU to someone's post I read awhile back that lead me to Firefox and Adblock Plus. It's so peaceful to be able to browse the internets without those intrusive ads!

Back
Top Bottom