Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Viewing Ignored Threads
Old 11-15-2018, 06:57 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
RunningBum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,860
Viewing Ignored Threads

There is a nice utility off the User CP for viewing threads I've ignored, https://www.early-retirement.org/for...ge_threads.php

I would like to see two improvements to it:

1) Include threads ignored because I've got the thread creator on ignore. I purposefully chose this option, but I would like the ability to see those threads, if for no other reason, to avoid creating a duplicate thread as I did recently. Right now the only ignored threads I see are the threads I have explicitly ignored.

2) If possible, show the latest ignored threads first, so that I can more quickly see recent threads I've ignored for whatever reason. Just like when viewing a forum I see the most recent threads, I'd like this order for ignored threads.

Thanks for your consideration.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2018, 11:08 PM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
audreyh1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rio Grande Valley
Posts: 27,037
I still see threads created by an ignored poster. I’m usually looking at the recent posts view.
__________________
Retired since summer 1999.
audreyh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 01:49 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
RunningBum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
I still see threads created by an ignored poster. I’m usually looking at the recent posts view.
That's the default. It can be changed in the Ignore Manager settings. https://www.early-retirement.org/for...s_settings.php
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:34 PM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
RunningBum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,860
No response from an admin on this?
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:15 AM   #5
Administrator
MichaelB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sheltered in place
Posts: 32,973
Tech support has been alerted.
MichaelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:09 AM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
steelyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC Triangle
Posts: 4,631
Somewhat related: I may have missed it, but I don't see a way to ignore threads while using the mobile (iOS) app. I think that's done through "Thread Tools" on the web interface, but the tools seem limited on the app.

One feature on the app I find very useful is marking a post as "read" by pressing it while on the preview/summary listing. Kind of like an "ignore lite" when you know you're not interested.
__________________

steelyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #7
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
RunningBum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 9,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelyman View Post
Somewhat related: I may have missed it, but I don't see a way to ignore threads while using the mobile (iOS) app. I think that's done through "Thread Tools" on the web interface, but the tools seem limited on the app.

One feature on the app I find very useful is marking a post as "read" by pressing it while on the preview/summary listing. Kind of like an "ignore lite" when you know you're not interested.
Please start a separate thread on this if you wish for it to be looked at. I don't want my request getting lost in favor of yours, especially since I had no response in 4 weeks until I raised it again.
RunningBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:21 AM   #8
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
easysurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 10,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
I still see threads created by an ignored poster. I’m usually looking at the recent posts view.
Might be common knowledge, but just thought I'd also mention that on non-ignored threads, If someone who isn't ignored quotes an ignored person, the quote isn't ignored.

That's when I may resort to scrolling down faster to skip the post .
__________________
Have you ever seen a headstone with these words
"If only I had spent more time at work" ... from "Busy Man" sung by Billy Ray Cyrus
easysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:26 AM   #9
Administrator
Andy R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,216
Sorry, at this time we are intentionally not developing any new features for this forum platform. It's aging and we need an upgrade to one of the newer/nicer platforms. Easily said but hard to do because of the stuff we have added like this ignore system. I hope we can get moved over to a new platform sometime in 2019.
__________________
Lagom är bäst - Enough is as good as a feast - There is virtue in moderation
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 10:49 AM   #10
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Beaverton
Posts: 1,382
Now that I've read all of the responses I'm going to ignore this thread.
__________________
Jump in, the water's warm.
Bir48die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:34 AM   #11
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Northern IL
Posts: 22,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
Sorry, at this time we are intentionally not developing any new features for this forum platform. It's aging and we need an upgrade to one of the newer/nicer platforms. Easily said but hard to do because of the stuff we have added like this ignore system. I hope we can get moved over to a new platform sometime in 2019.
Just FYI, but this forum has some nice features:

https://www.physicsforums.com/insigh...hysics-forums/

Quote:
Modernization (2014-2016) The decision to move from vBulletin to Xenforo was made. ...
I had to check, it does have "ignore" (I don't use it), and it marks the OP if they post later in the thread, which I really like. And quoting a post includes the quotes within that post (something that drives me nuts here, it drops the internal quote, and it takes copy/paste and potential errors).

And you can type "@username" to send a notification (if enabled on user end), that the user was mentioned in that post. They tend to use it there to alert the known 'experts' in that field that there is a post they may want to respond to.

I don't post there much, mainly read, so there may be other limitations that aren't coming to mind at the moment. But worth a look. I'd guess that the admin there, Greg, would be open to providing some feedback to you.

-ERD50
ERD50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:43 PM   #12
Administrator
Andy R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 1,216
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERD50 View Post
I had to check, it does have "ignore" (I don't use it), and it marks the OP if they post later in the thread, which I really like. And quoting a post includes the quotes within that post (something that drives me nuts here, it drops the internal quote, and it takes copy/paste and potential errors).

And you can type "@username" to send a notification (if enabled on user end), that the user was mentioned in that post. They tend to use it there to alert the known 'experts' in that field that there is a post they may want to respond to.

I don't post there much, mainly read, so there may be other limitations that aren't coming to mind at the moment. But worth a look. I'd guess that the admin there, Greg, would be open to providing some feedback to you.
Thanks for your feedback and the link. Looks like a nice setup. We have been waiting for v2. It's been out for a year and v2.1 is now out. I think the time is right to start planning for a change.
__________________
Lagom är bäst - Enough is as good as a feast - There is virtue in moderation
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
seeing ignored threads Khan Forum Admin 0 07-25-2008 09:33 AM
Error when viewing stats retire@40 Forum Admin 2 05-30-2008 05:42 AM
Sadam's dancing on air video, for your viewing pleasure. mickeyd Other topics 1 12-31-2006 06:44 AM
LCD HDTV's - Vertical viewing angle gindie Other topics 28 11-20-2006 08:27 PM

» Quick Links

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:19 PM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.