Way to skip postings by specific users?

P

parnass

Does the new forum software provide a way to hide (filter out) postings by designated users, i.e., a spam-type filter? I don't see how.

Thanks.

Like M*'s "Ignore Poster" feature with the 10-name "My Ignore List"?

I don't know if this software has that capability.

You can ignore IMs from designated users, but you can't ignore messages yet. There are a lot of requests for this feature at SMF, so maybe it will happen soon.

BigMoneyJim said:
There are a lot of requests for this feature at SMF...
I'll bet there are. (*snicker*) Am I the only one who has a completely different four-letter & twelve-letter interpretation of this acronym?

Nords said:
I'll bet there are.  (*snicker*)  Am I the only one who has a completely different four-letter & twelve-letter interpretation of this acronym?

No, you are not the only one, but then I am quite sensitive to
acronyms. For example, I live in farm country and so I see
Massey-Ferguson every day. :)

JG

MRGALT2U said:
Can't you ignore posts just by not reading them?

JG
Not if you have no self control. :LOL:

Actually, I've found that I don't like ignore features. Threads often don't make any sense with this feature turned on. Instead, I choose not to read a lot of posts. If I find references to the posts I've ignored, I go back and check them out -- or not.

You know, I didn't think about the consequence of threads becoming nonsensical with a lot of stuff "ignored".
Interesting.

JG

Of course, when 9 out of 10 posts by certain users are complete non sequitors, you could improve the cohesiveness of a thread by ignoring their messages altogether.

I hope the ignore feature gets activated here soon.

MRGALT2U said:
You know, I didn't think about the consequence of threads becoming nonsensical with a lot of stuff "ignored".
Interesting.

JG

This is about me, right? I mean, my therapist told me it's not always about me, that people aren't always out to get me, but I know he's wrong, it is about me!!! Yeearrgh!! :eek: :uglystupid: ;)

soupcxan said:
Of course, when 9 out of 10 posts by certain users are complete non sequitors, you could improve the cohesiveness of a thread by ignoring their messages altogether.

I hope the ignore feature gets activated here soon.

Yeah, we can start with people who use food as part of their on-line name. BTW, what is wrong with "non sequitors" ? (anyone on here
from Rio Linda can look it up at the library) :)

JG

And another thing, let's "ignore" everyone who uses golf terms and/or
body parts in their name. Parnass would be toast :)

JG

Back
Top Bottom