Join Early Retirement Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2018, 02:42 PM   #81
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,892
Out of curiosity I started to look at my "posts number". It seems to be stuck on 1,688. I went thru a couple of threads I posted on this and last week and the number is always 1,688.

ummm... Any moderators able to comment on this? Do the numbers get stuck sometimes?

Ha! except that for this one! It went to 1,689.

The condo thread is showing the same number of 1,688 all the way thru the thread. Must have posted 4 plus times.
sheehs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2018, 02:43 PM   #82
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheehs1 View Post
Out of curiosity I started to look at my "posts number". It seems to be stuck on 1,688. I went thru a couple of threads I posted on this and last week and the number is always 1,688.

ummm... Any moderators able to comment on this? Do the numbers get stuck sometimes?
It is 1689 now.
__________________
TGIM
Dtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:46 PM   #83
Moderator
Walt34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern WV Panhandle
Posts: 21,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheehs1 View Post
The condo thread is showing the same number of 1,688 all the way thru the thread. Must have posted 4 plus times.
Hmmm... When I was working and something got stuck we'd hit it with a stick and that often worked to unstick it. I'll ask one of the administrators to hit the server with a stick and see if that will help.

ETA: I looked through some past posts and the numbers are increasing. Maybe it takes the software a while to catch up sometimes.
__________________
I heard the call to do nothing. So I answered it.
Walt34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:48 PM   #84
Moderator
braumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyover country
Posts: 15,978
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheehs1 View Post
Out of curiosity I started to look at my "posts number". It seems to be stuck on 1,688. I went thru a couple of threads I posted on this and last week and the number is always 1,688.

ummm... Any moderators able to comment on this? Do the numbers get stuck sometimes?

Ha! except that for this one! It went to 1,689.

The condo thread is showing the same number of 1,688 all the way thru the thread. Must have posted 4 plus times.
The number you see will always be the most current number.
If you go back to your very first post, it will be the same as your most recent post.
__________________
I thought growing old would take longer.
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:48 PM   #85
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtail View Post
It is 1689 now.
It is! It has updated the condo thread to 1,689 too. But it is 1,689 on every post of that thread.

Strange....So let's see what this number is!

Must be working on it! It went to 1,690.

I think I was stuck on 1,688 for quite a while.
sheehs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #86
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by braumeister View Post
The number you see will always be the most current number.
If you go back to your very first post, it will be the same as your most recent post.
Got it! Thanks!

Is it typical to have 4 or 5 posts in the same thread all be the same number?
sheehs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #87
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheehs1 View Post
It is! It has updated the condo thread to 1,689 too. But it is 1,689 on every post of that thread.

Strange....So let's see what this number is!

Must be working on it! It went to 1,690.

I think I was stuck on 1,688 for quite a while.
See Braumeister's response for above.
__________________
TGIM
Dtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:53 PM   #88
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walt34 View Post
Hmmm... When I was working and something got stuck we'd hit it with a stick and that often worked to unstick it. I'll ask one of the administrators to hit the server with a stick and see if that will help.

ETA: I looked through some past posts and the numbers are increasing. Maybe it takes the software a while to catch up sometimes.
Maybe so. I just assumed it was a real time update.

Sticks are good. So is unplugging.
sheehs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:06 AM   #89
Full time employment: Posting here.
wmc1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Fishers soon to be Gosport
Posts: 854
Mine seems to change every time I post. Unless I keep forgetting my count.
wmc1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:33 AM   #90
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Tampa
Posts: 6,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmc1000 View Post
Mine seems to change every time I post. Unless I keep forgetting my count.
+1
__________________
TGIM
Dtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:55 AM   #91
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Chicago West Burbs
Posts: 1,510
When the "Bull" shows up, posters could lose 30, 40 or more % of their posts. As a result, this loss might lower their star status. As a CFA (Certified FIRE website Advisor) I am offering a service. I can place their posts in a balanced place where they will be protected from such a big loss.

For the first 10 callers with over 10,000 or more posts, I offer a free review and present a 50 page custom proposal of our services. Don't lose your posts, or stars. Act now.


All this for a low, introductory, fixed-fee of 50 only posts per month, transferred from their account to mine.
CRLLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 06:59 AM   #92
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheehs1 View Post
It is! It has updated the condo thread to 1,689 too. But it is 1,689 on every post of that thread.

Strange....So let's see what this number is!

.................................................. ....
The nerve..........
kaneohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:02 AM   #93
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheehs1 View Post
..................

Is it typical to have 4 or 5 posts in the same thread all be the same number?
............of some people! I was the original discoverer of this effect (documented in this thread) and it is pending the award of some patent or copyright.

did you also know that your message needs to be at least 1 letter long?
I discovered that too..............
kaneohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:27 AM   #94
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneohe View Post
............of some people! I was the original discoverer of this effect (documented in this thread) and it is pending the award of some patent or copyright.

did you also know that your message needs to be at least 1 letter long?
I discovered that too..............
kaneohe...I had to go back and read the thread to see that in post #44 you did make this astute observation! You don't have to share the patent or copyright with me!

It is a bit curious.
sheehs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 07:44 AM   #95
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheehs1 View Post
kaneohe...I had to go back and read the thread to see that in post #44 you did make this astute observation! You don't have to share the patent or copyright with me!

It is a bit curious.
However, I do recognize that all original discoveries by individuals are worthy of the same merit even tho they might not be the first.......still there is this concept of first among equals
kaneohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:05 AM   #96
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Rianne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Champaign
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
To get "moderator emeritus, you first have to serve as a moderator, then retire. I know you can do it!

Just PM a Mod and they will get you an interview and the fee schedule!

I have interview anxiety. It's a condition that requires me to submit my demands and questions. If you don't comply, I have the right to a year's salary and/or 4 extra *'s.
__________________
"If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Rianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:55 AM   #97
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
NW-Bound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 27,640
I don't know for sure, but it looks like moderators, current and emeritus, are allowed to have bigger avatars. If so, that's another benefit to consider.
__________________
"Old age is the most unexpected of all things that can happen to a man" -- Leon Trotsky
NW-Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:32 AM   #98
Moderator Emeritus
Martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: minnesota
Posts: 13,228
You top out at seven. No fair to Wahoo and W2R.
__________________
.


No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:38 AM   #99
Administrator
MichaelB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sheltered in place
Posts: 32,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha View Post
You top out at seven. No fair to Wahoo and W2R.
I think they have the secret invisible stars.
MichaelB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:46 AM   #100
Moderator
braumeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Flyover country
Posts: 15,978
If you have the right kind of infrared light source, they show up. I'm surprised more people haven't noticed that.
__________________
I thought growing old would take longer.
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dancing With the Stars ndfmnlf Life after FIRE 3 10-01-2007 09:51 AM
Stars and more LeatherneckPA Forum Admin 10 01-29-2007 11:28 AM
How are Stars assigned? ScaredtoQuit Forum Admin 14 01-23-2007 08:51 PM
What do the stars mean? ScaredtoQuit Other topics 12 01-14-2007 09:50 PM
Is Early Retirement in Your Stars? REWahoo Other topics 1 12-14-2006 05:48 PM

» Quick Links

 
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:43 PM.
 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.