Why can't I see the "colors" in the Wordle charts?

Amethyst

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just started today - every Wordle chart looks like a bunch of empty blocks.

It matters because I have as much fun "deducing" other people's words from their block patterns, as I do solving the puzzle itself.

My laptop runs Windows 10. I haven't done anything different at all since yesterday. I shut down the computer every night and restart in the a.m.

Thanks,

Amethyst

So, in other words, you can't see this as color? Can you screen shot and paste in what you actually see instead?

Wordle 260 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The chart you just posted appears in black and white on my screen. Looks like green and yellow are both being interpreted, by the browser or the laptop or whatever, as black.

So, in other words, you can't see this as color? Can you screen shot and paste in what you actually see instead?

Wordle 260 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Haven't tried screenshot, but in any event I still wouldn't be able to see color in others' charts, which is what I am after.

Wordle 260 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

No I mean, a pic here from your POV might help someone figure out what's going on.

The chart you just posted appears in black and white on my screen. Looks like green and yellow are both being interpreted, by the browser or the laptop or whatever, as black.

Does everything else look correct - in color? Just the grid that’s black and white?

Try copying and pasting it into a word processor.

Mine from today.

Wordle 260 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Curious that all you see are black and white squares. Without a snapshot, I'm guessing white and yellow are coming out white, and black and green are coming out green. That or all colors not black are coming out as white. No clue why that would be happening.

My issue is if I submit the color squares with a Quick Reply, I get those funky question mark symbols. I need to go into Advanced Reply to get the colors correct.

This is from my PC (knowing the solution, I just ran two lines for demo).

Wordle 260 2/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

On my Lenovo X1 Thinkpad 2d Gen, I'm unable to generate a screenshot. There is no PRTSCRN key on this model, and the recommended shortcut (FN + T) doesn't seem to do anything.

Absent a solution for the laptop, guess I'll send results from the PC.

Note: Like some others, I get "question marks" in quick-reply mode.

On my Lenovo X1 Thinkpad 2d Gen, I'm unable to generate a screenshot. There is no PRTSCRN key on this model, and the recommended shortcut (FN + T) doesn't seem to do anything.

Is this a Windows laptop? You should be able to use the Windows+Shift+S keys to open the Snipping tool (or go to the Start menu and look under S for Snipping tool). Use the cross-hairs to make a rectangle over the portion of the screen you want to capture and when you let go of the mouse button it will capture whatever you've selected. You can then save it to a file and upload it as an attachment when posting here with Advanced mode.

Already tried. Doesn't work on my laptop. Works on my PC.

Oh well. If that were my biggest problem, I'd be happy.

Is this a Windows laptop? You should be able to use the Windows+Shift+S keys to open the Snipping tool (or go to the Start menu and look under S for Snipping tool). Use the cross-hairs to make a rectangle over the portion of the screen you want to capture and when you let go of the mouse button it will capture whatever you've selected. You can then save it to a file and upload it as an attachment when posting here with Advanced mode.

Browser? Browser?

It matters whether it is Edge, Chrome or Firefox. Sounds like a setting got hosed.

You should try a different browser, if you want.

I can never remember how to pull up the snipping tool (windows-shift-s), so I personally remember doing a right click on the start menu and using search for "snip".

The snipping tool is immensely handy. So handy, I pinned it to my taskbar. I recommend having it handy, especially to share all kinds of stuff here.

on my keyboard, the snipper is Start+Shift+S

As I said in an earlier post, I shut down the laptop every night, which of course means it gets rebooted next morning.

Am reluctant to clear cache memory, etc. Last time I did that, I lost 600+ days of Duolingo and had to start over. Duolingo even shut me out of Stories because I supposedly didn't know enough Spanish yet to do them :(

Did you clear cache memory, history, cookies, and reboot the laptop?

Am reluctant to clear cache memory, etc. Last time I did that, I lost 600+ days of Duolingo and had to start over. Duolingo even shut me out of Stories because I supposedly didn't know enough Spanish yet to do them :(

That seems unusual. I have over 700 days of Duolingo and I clear mine out often but haven't lost anything there. I have lost my Wordle history and one or two other minor things, but not Duolingo.

Just started today - every Wordle chart looks like a bunch of empty blocks.

It matters because I have as much fun "deducing" other people's words from their block patterns, as I do solving the puzzle itself.

My laptop runs Windows 10. I haven't done anything different at all since yesterday. I shut down the computer every night and restart in the a.m.

Thanks,

Amethyst

Have you put more toner in your laptop? :facepalm:

On a more useful note: There was a glitch reported for NY Times subscribers that sounds like yours.. reading here: https://www.theverge.com/22937132/wordle-nytimes-game-chrome-firefox-cookies

Wordle also has a hard mode and a color blind mode - can you check to make sure that isn't toggled?

It was annoying, but I just buckled down and tested out of a bunch of levels, to convince the Duolingo bots that I could be trusted with the stories again. (Stories are my favorite part). By the time I tested out of 8 levels, I had more crowns, etc. than I started out with!:dance:

That seems unusual. I have over 700 days of Duolingo and I clear mine out often but haven't lost anything there. I have lost my Wordle history and one or two other minor things, but not Duolingo.

Clearing cache shouldn't reset Duolingo. I'm a few days short of a 1000 day string. In that time, I've bounced between computers and phones. I've cleared caches, nuked disks and reinstalled, and changed phones. String still intact.

I have red green color blindness, and fail those dot test where you are supposed to see a number in the dots. I can see red and green as long as it is not mixed in with a bunch of dots. I can easily identify green color blocks on wordle

I'm fairly sure colorblindness is not the issue here. :cool:

I have red green color blindness, and fail those dot test where you are supposed to see a number in the dots. I can see red and green as long as it is not mixed in with a bunch of dots. I can easily identify green color blocks on wordle

If I actually play the game on my desktop, the colors are fine, but those of you who posted screenshots in this thread, I can't see colors on any of them. Just the squares, some black or gray and the others with numbers and letters in them.

If I actually play the game on my desktop, the colors are fine, but those of you who posted screenshots in this thread, I can't see colors on any of them. Just the squares, some black or gray and the others with numbers and letters in them.

What kind of device are you using to view this thread? What operating system? What browser? Can you take screenshot of one of the broken posts and add it to a reply?

What kind of device are you using to view this thread? What operating system? What browser? Can you take screenshot of one of the broken posts and add it to a reply?
Here's what I see in people's posts in this thread. I'm on a Mac desktop using Firefox. As I said, when I actually play the game it looks just fine as it should.

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
Rk32bW3m.png

Back
Top Bottom