Work Less Live More ... Good reading

GTM

Recycles dryer sheets
I found Bob's book interesting and very informative.

Areas of special interest are Portfolio investing, safe withdrawal methods and moving to semi retirement or sabbaticals from full time work.

A useful piece of info which some may not but should be utilizing is how to convert your IRA to a Roth, Page 214.

Around November if you are in a 10% or 15% tax bracket
determine how much additional income you can realize without exceeding the limit of that bracket. Then convert the IRA to the Roth in sufficient amounts to sop up any unused portions of those lower brackets.

The money will compound tax free earlier.

Thanks, GTM-

Glad the book was useful. You (and anyone else who's got the book and liked it :D ) would do me a favor if you wrote a review on Amazon and/or bn.com. Something about 'perfect Christmas gift" might not go amiss, either. ::) Actually one of our neighbors did tell me tonight that they are buying them for all their overstressed 80-hour-a-week friends this Christmas.

There's a plan afoot now about doing a short audio-book piece, and Humberto Cruz wants to interview me in a few weeks, so bit by bit we'll get the word out: ER is possible, it's fun, there are a bunch of other people doing it, and nobody has to get hurt except your stock broker.

Hey Bob, best of good luck with the book, eh?
There are 15 of your books at the Hennipen County library here in MN, I'm nbr 5 on the waiting list. :D
Sorry, can't shake these frugal ways!

what happened where did this come from?

DanTien said:
Hey Bob, best of good luck with the book, eh?
There are 15 of your books at the Hennipen County library here in MN, I'm nbr 5 on the waiting list. :D
Sorry, can't shake these frugal ways!

Dan,
Never realized libraries could be such big book buyers... glad to hear the Minnesotans will have something to think about this winter -- I expect we'll see some of them turning up here on this Board by the time this is though... You might be able to start a local FIRE drinkfest in St Paul -- why should Billy, Akaisha and Laurence have all the fun just because they're in Thailand?

Back
Top Bottom