firecalc and spending - ? inflation adjusted

newtoseattle

Recycles dryer sheets
hello
I realize that in general withdrawals are assumed to be inflation adjusted over time.
But - if I choose a spending level in firecalc and then put retirement date for 10 years later - is the spending adjusted for inflation for the 10 years before retirement- or is the spending start on the date of retirement (and adjust for inflation from that point on)?

On the Spending Models page you have a choice on spending to use PPI, CPI or a specified percentage for inflation adjustments.

On the Spending Models page you have a choice on spending to use PPI, CPI or a specified percentage for inflation adjustments.

I think the OP is asking a different question, but I don't know the answer anyway.

I think the OP is asking a different question, but I don't know the answer anyway.

Yes, I understand. But I believe that if you put in a future retirement date it will inflation adjust including up until the time that you retire.

Yes, I understand. But I believe that if you put in a future retirement date it will inflation adjust including up until the time that you retire.

Yeah you are probably correct, as the portfolio changes section also works that way.

Back
Top Bottom