has FIRECalc been updated or modified?

simple girl

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
I run my numbers periodically through FIREcalc. I find that if I run the same numbers I ran last month, I now get a different success rate despite the same exact info being entered. Has new data been entered which is now affecting success rates?

I don't remember my exact #'s but it seems that my #'s are lower than last year.

Does anyone know if Firecalc has been upgraded with 2010 #'s?

If not, when will it be updated?

If not, when will it be updated?
When Dory was supporting the program, the answer was usually "Shortly after Schiller gets around to releasing the data". Unfortunately sometimes this wouldn't be until August or even September.

I think we all know how 2010 turned out, so running FIRECalc with numbers up to 2009 should be good enough to feel confident that it only got better with 2010 data.

We will be updating the 2010 numbers as soon as possible. I will post to this thread as soon as we add the 2010 data.

On a sort of related note - I tried to donate $5 via the paypal link. It went through, but I subsequently got 2 emails saying the paypal recipient had not retrieved the money. They eventually refunded me....

I paid $10 recently using my debit card.

The purchase went through but I got no additional capability and have no idea who to ask for a refund.

Please excuse the infrequent user question if it is inappropriate, but is anyone updating the annual asset class returns in FIRECalc?

I would guess 2012 info has not been added yet based on entering data and then looking at an Excel data dump. The last 30 year starting period begins in 1981, +30 would be 2011? But maybe you'll get a better answer here soon...

Back
Top Bottom