Hope I did it right.

jimandthom

Recycles dryer sheets
Have read many of the past questions which helped greatly. Hopefully did the entries correctly as I get anywhere from a 96-100 success rate for a 40 year period. Shooting for 101 years old.

If I can recap a couple of things tho---

Mortgage is fixed, so I entered it as off chart spending starting in 2015 no inflation adjustment and reduced my spending from the first page by an equal amount.

Off cart pension with cola, already collecting, so I entered 2015
Off chart pension without cola, already collecting, so I entered 2015. Have another small one with no cola starting in 2019, but I did not include it.

Did a constant spending pattern.

Portfolio, Total Market with 55% stocks and longterm interest rate.

I am going to collect ss starting in 2017 or 2018, although going to part-time work in 2016. This is the spot I get a little confused is how to account for that. Extra cash we will need during this time will come from a couple accounts I did not list in my assets.

Does it sound like I have everything entered reasonably?

Thanks greatly.

Do not forget as you earn over a certain threshold, SS is deducted if you are under the full retirement age.

....Does it sound like I have everything entered reasonably?...

Did you enter an offsetting off chart income for the amount of your mortgage payment when your mortgage ends? If so, then yes.

I think you could have included the COLAed pension by just reducing your spending since both go up by inflation but what you did is fine and arguably preferable. Reducing spending is a shortcut you can use if you start running out of offchart entries.

......I am going to collect ss starting in 2017 or 2018, although going to part-time work in 2016. This is the spot I get a little confused is how to account for that. Extra cash we will need during this time will come from a couple accounts I did not list in my assets. ....

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Last edited:
Senator--- thanks for the reminder. There are so many little nuances that one has to consider. Part of our retirement binder(accounts, insurance numbers and the like) will/does have little bits of information such as SS info in it. Probably a bit OCD on my part.:LOL:

pb4uski--I thought about doing something like that and am going to play some more. Our mortgage extends until 2036. Its nice to think that we are probably in good shape until then and the mortgage ending then makes things a bit easier--we hope.

you said you set your mortgage as a fixed amount. Does your mortgage do escrow for home owner's insurance or property taxes? Are these likely to increase over the years?

you said you set your mortgage as a fixed amount. Does your mortgage do escrow for home owner's insurance or property taxes? Are these likely to increase over the years?

Mortgage has always stayed within a range approx.+/-25 per month.

I have intentionally rounded our expenses up by about 500/mo. Reviewing my Money entries for the past couple of years we have had little in car related repairs but a lot of 2015 medical. Only have two years worth of reliable data. Limited but very helpful.

Decided to just up the $$ needed and see what Firecalc said. Fortunately the figures were good.

Back
Top Bottom