Investment Fees in Firecalc

halo

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hi

I use Firecalc to determine an initial spending amount (to be inflation-adjusted going forward) that will result in a 95% success rate for 30 years.

My question is:

Does this initial 95%-successful spending amount already have the investing fees (or expense ratio) factored in? In other words, I don't have to reduce this 95%-successful spending amount any further to account for my investment fees, correct? Because I have already entered my investment fees into the "My Portfolio" page of the calculator, the calculator has already taken my investment fees into account and reduced the 95%-successful spending amount it gives me on the Results page accordingly, correct?

Bottom line: If I want, I can spend the entire 95%-successful amount (less taxes, of course) without needing to spend less to account for the investment fees I already entered into the calculator, right? The calculator has already made the adjustment for me and gives me a 95% safe NET spending amount AFTER the investment fees, correct?

Sorry for asking this question more than once, but I just wanted to be 100% clear and sure about this point. It's an important one.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom