2021 ACA Subsidy

Status
Not open for further replies.

beachfire

Recycles dryer sheets
Sorry if this has already been covered, looking for latest thinking. We have been retired for 2 years now and absolutely loving it. Have had deferred comp for last couple of years, but now will be able to get AGI income down to a point where we can qualify for ACA Health Insurance subsidy. Are these subsidies expected to survive upcoming Supreme Court review? I have not been tuned in to the Legal activities going on with Obama Care.... I know that predicting the future of our health care program is impossible, just trying to get a read on what people expect to happen as we move into 2021.

Thanks

Sorry if this has already been covered, looking for latest thinking. We have been retired for 2 years now and absolutely loving it. Have had deferred comp for last couple of years, but now will be able to get AGI income down to a point where we can qualify for ACA Health Insurance subsidy. Are these subsidies expected to survive upcoming Supreme Court review? I have not been tuned in to the Legal activities going on with Obama Care.... I know that predicting the future of our health care program is impossible, just trying to get a read on what people expect to happen as we move into 2021.

Thanks

I don’t believe anyone knows. It is totally up in the air.

The ACA could potentially be overturned completely by the Supreme Court, and a ruling on the case may not be made until June 2021. If it's overturned, then all those subsidies, Medicaid Expansion, and everything else that's part of the ACA will end, but it may not be completely eliminated until 2022. No one knows what SCOTUS will decide, but the odds aren't as favorable for the ACA with the new make-up of the court with a new justice as they were when RBG was in the mix. But, it could go either way, or they may just strike down the mandate leaving the rest of the law in place.

Also, ACA uses MAGI for the PCT/CSR calculation, which can differ from AGI, such as for SS recipients.

Last edited:
MODERATOR NOTE - OP, please do not start identical threads in two different subforums. It is prohibited by the Community Rules. The threads have been merged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom