$4 generics at Walmart

ferco

Recycles dryer sheets
With all the talk of rising health/drug costs you'd think Walmart would have a line around the corner for patients seeking the reduced meds......I get it we only want the once a day new brand name drug that everyone else is taking.

Also it baffles me that folks w/o insurance and those who have insurance but b*tch and moan of premiums and co-pays but ante up without a wink when they buy their carton of cigarettes (with one in the corner of their mouth) or the six-pack.

Or the 400lb individual pulling into McDonalds ordering the Supersize meal for themselves and their overweight kids.....the taxpayer will subsidize their gastric bypass next year.....Unbelievable !!!!

ferco said:
With all the talk of rising health/drug costs you'd think Walmart would have a line around the corner for patients seeking the reduced meds

I heard that Walmart has had an increase in demand for generics at their pharmacy where they've made the $4 price available. Are you saying that isn't true?

I talked to a couple a few days ago while waiting on a slow clerk in a Wal*Mart Pharmacy line. The woman told me that they are now paying less than $120 per month for meds that cost them over $600 before they switched to Wal*Mart.

Ha

I switched from the local pharmacy to Walmart a couple of months ago. $4 as advertised with no problems. I buy my dog food there anyway so no special trip required.

DOG52 said:
I switched from the local pharmacy to Walmart a couple of months ago. $4 as advertised with no problems. I buy my dog food there anyway so no special trip required.

You should have kept working a few more years. Too early to be eating dog food. What brand do you prefer? :LOL:

73ss454 said:
You should have kept working a few more years. Too early to be eating dog food. What brand do you prefer? :LOL:

Hopefully not one of the brands that got recalled. :eek:

73ss454 said:

Beneful. Good for your gums. ;)

Martha said:
Target too is selling $4.00 generics.

No Target here yet. Suppose to get one next year. But Walmart is 5 minutes away so pretty convenient.

Walmart is smart. They know how to get people in the store.

My wife and I take a lot of Rx drugs. We are saving $36.00 per month over the copays on our drug plan. The generic copay is $30.00 for 90 days' worth and we can get the same at Target for $12.00.

We love Target.

Our Wal*Mart is really crappy and dirty and crowded. The Target is sort of an upscale Wal*Mart.

Mike D.

My med is a generic... my wife's is not. We moved 'em both from Walgreen's to Walmart. Our monthly bill was reduced by 50%. I'm liking Walmart!

As I mentioned in the other post you should compare the price of 100 pill vs the 30 day supply.
Walgreens inflates there price because most people dont pay cash. They use an insurance card. The rules for the insurance card is we must charge them the usual and customary price. Then they say that they will pay us by some formulary or the usual and customery price whatever is lower.
You can go to walgreens or whomever and ask them to price match. Most of the stores do this.
Rob

spideyrdpd said:
As I mentioned in the other post you should compare the price of 100 pill vs the 30 day supply.
Walgreens inflates there price because most people dont pay cash. They use an insurance card. The rules for the insurance card is we must charge them the usual and customary price. Then they say that they will pay us by some formulary or the usual and customery price whatever is lower.
You can go to walgreens or whomever and ask them to price match. Most of the stores do this.
Rob

Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom