Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

90+ study - 60 minutes longevity segment
Old 05-11-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

90+ study - 60 minutes longevity segment

Have you watched this segment?

Living to 90 and beyond - CBS News

I watched it with great interest. They had a group of people who researchers studied back in 1981 on their lifestyle, including vitamins, diet, activities, etc. Many of them are still alive in their 90's today, and they went back and started studying them. They are very spry people.

According to this segment, it's good to drink 2 drinks a day (any alcoholic drinks - doesn't have to be wine), 2 cups of coffee a day is good for you, 15 minutes of easy exercise up to 45 minutes is good for you, but long exercises are not good. Strokes seem to mimic Alzheimer's. Plaque on the brain may not be indication of existence of Alzheimer's.

Shirt, brown.... ah... was the 3rd word truck?? Wait...

Maybe we shouldn't follow longevity lifestyle. Someone already posted saying America is going to have too many old people in the future (in comparison to the young), and I don't want to raise my 92 my end date for FireCalc... :-)
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #2

http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...ond-71895.html
We had a thread on it last week.
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 05:10 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Oops..
tmm99 is offline   Reply With Quote