A heartfelt surprise!

Glad you're still around. Scary stuff happens.

Glad to hear that you are still here after the reboot, calmloki!

omni

You sound like a tough hombre with a hero partner.

Glad you made it safely through this!

Wow ! What a experience! Your SO deserves a big hug & maybe a little expensive trinket ! In the words of the Godfather leave the burrito and bring the defibrillator !

Holy Cow! :eek: < repeat 10,000 x

My weekend was not so exciting. But that's OK.

Does you GF have medical training? Sounds like she did all the right things and remained calm. Impressive work.

Just incredible that you can experience this and then be back home in a few days, well enough to post here. Amazing. Hope everything continues to go well with you.

-ERD50

Incredible story ! I'm a little disappointed that there was no 'beautiful white light' experience to tell us about, but the story of how your SO saved your life more than made up for it !

And are you SERIOUSLY having burrito's tonight ? :blink:

I am so glad to hear you are feeling better and well enough to post.

That is an amazing story and you are surely fortunate.

Great to still have you with us, Calmloki.

There must be some good karma working this spring. A few Fridays back, one of the guys at my office keeled over. Same story as yours, mostly: quick-thinking folks started chest compressions and dialed 911, and in short order EMTs arrived quickly and unloaded their bag of tricks to get him a pulse and breathing. He was in the ER two hours after that.

He was out of the hospital in a week, but is now bored with the recovery and itching to get back to work. :facepalm:

No burrito trigger, though. He was playing dominoes at lunch.

So glad to hear of the happy outcome, Calm. We would have missed you very much so please tell your quick thinking lady that a whole bunch of strangers on the Internet offer her a heartfelt thanks for keeping you alive and kicking! :)

Just back from a fish taco and chocolate birthday cake - funny friends making like it's a new life for me. Stopped at the fire station on the way home to thank the crew - was lucky and two of the guys who worked on me were there. They mentioned that they don't often have people coming back to thank them, mostly because the odds aren't real great. They were full of praise for my gal for her CPR efforts, the way she didn't obstruct their efforts with a bunch of histrionics, and for her having all the data at hand and giving it to the guys almost before they asked.

Funny the way a right move 35 years ago just keeps paying off...

Thanks all for the well wishes - oh - this Medtronics defibrillator has all kind of nifty tricks - it delivers different sized jolts depending on whether the heart responds to a gentle nudge or needs a smack down. Supposed to last 4 to 8 years depending on how much use it gets, then when the battery is wearing down it starts buzzing (if I got that right) to alert me that it's time for changing it out. Really think Steve Jobs could have put an Ipod in there as well - maybe at the next upgrade I can get a defib unit that makes calls and plays tunes, hooks into wifi to give me a little onboard brain power a la Google goggles. The mind boggles with the possibilities.

Holy moly, Calmloki! Like everyone else, I am glad you are still here to bless us with your presence.

Had you had heart problems before this?

Holy moly, Calmloki! Like everyone else, I am glad you are still here to bless us with your presence.

Had you had heart problems before this?

Nope - mitral valve prolapse for ever, but no other heart issues.

Wow, just wow. Interestingly enough my realtor just asked, if you were still interested in Vegas properties. I guess I can tell her you've been a bit busy.

Anybody else love how he is posting just a few days later ... :D

Amazing story, and very pleased to hear that it worked out so well. Thanks for posting your story, I'm not sure I would have the same dedication to post the story for others to gain inspiration from.

you have an unbeleivable attitude to life. tip my hat off to you mate.
here's to a beautiful x more years shared with your loved ones on his earth.
there's plenty of time to party on later in the after life

Hey Clifp - what am I going to do - wood chopping is out for a while and another friend snagged our pool pump for repairs - I'd just done new impeller & seals & backing plate and there was still a high pitched squeal. Motor was replaced last summer while we were up north. My plan had been to drain the pool before we left (no high water table to worry about floating the pool out of the dirt here). I was then going to build a framework and use 60% shade cloth to keep the pool plaster from spot heating and cracking or spalling any further. We bought this house as a repo and I know the pool was dry at least through one summer before we bought it.. Figure I would have saved enough on pool cleaning and electricity over the summer to buy an entirely new pump and motor combo when we get back in the fall - and no concerns about setting myself up for having someone else deal with a failure while we were gone.

While not present for a vote it was decided I was an idjit and that the pump should be repaired. So and so stole my pump and motor to do so. Not like he has nothing to do before bugging out of here in a week or two.

After corresponding with Arebelspy we visited Pahrump before touching on Vegas and doing the Hoover dam tour (highly recommend the extended version). Stayed in Boulder City, which felt real good to us, but we had already decided that there was insufficient compelling reason to buy in Nevada. We would have saved on some taxes, but at the cost of being away from friends here and in Oregon. Latest thought involves us selling the Oregon place and maybe moving permanent residence to the Camas Washington area. That would address the state tax issue and put us close to a more urbane area. while still being within a reasonable distance of Oregon friends.

I did appreciate the realtor recommendation, but saw no reason to waste her time on a couple lookie-loos who weren't real buyers.

Your wife is amazing. I was there my dad's heart attack when I was 15 -- he wasn't as lucky as you, and my mom and I weren't as lucky as your wife. Glad your story had a better ending, at least this chapter.

Hope the fish in those tacos was grilled, not fried!

Staggering story, and recalled as if you were a brave casual observer. Enjoy life, friends.

Is this type of heart event (i.e. loss of proper electrical signal) "easier" on the heart compared to when a coronary artery is blocked?

Man O Man!
You are so lucky to have a multi tasking fast thinking woman - she saved your bacon....forget the bacon tho :)

Glad you are back, I enjoy your posts - are you going to need any stints or any other work done?

Your wife is amazing. I was there my dad's heart attack when I was 15 -- he wasn't as lucky as you, and my mom and I weren't as lucky as your wife. Glad your story had a better ending, at least this chapter.

Hope the fish in those tacos was grilled, not fried!

Sorry about you and your Dad - a rough age to have that experience. My gal's sister had the same event and it was very hard on her.

Deepfried. My weight has dropped from 172 to 162 over the last couple months - and that's even with making my own (awesome tasting) bread.

Well after visiting the other side, and claiming amnesia. You could change your screen name to calm. Glad you made it through with a little help and are around to tell.

Back
Top Bottom