AARP Medigap - myAARPMedicare.com and Firefox browser

Telly

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Having switched to AARP/UHC on Nov. 1st, I found that the myAARP.com website still wasn't acting right. In October, I thought it was due to my plan not being active yet, but by Friday night, it was still weird. I could log in fine, site would recognize me and had my plan member card# correct, but I could not see any specifics, no plan info, not even my profile info. In fact, instead of profile info, it showed a grayed-over screen listing phone numbers for some other organizations... a foreign-owned corporation, a teachers union from a state far away, and a state employee something.

The basic format of a few of the pages were there, but no actual info. And other pages were unreachable. I did find a website customer service phone #, and called. I stepped the person through what I was seeing. She suggested trying another browser... site then worked fine with IE, later I tried it with Edge, OK there too. I don't like either IE or Edge, I feel like I have little control over them security and information-wise.

Is anyone who is using myAARPMedicare.com using Firefox? I'm wondering if something I have set in Firefox, that doesn't seem to bother any other websites I go to, is making my Firefox browser-non-grata at that one website. :confused:

Does the Firefox browser have an ad-blocker add-on? I have trouble with one site not showing my data unless I temporarily disable UBlock Origin ad blocker.

Last edited:
I don't use Firefox. I normally use MS Edge. I cannot even get past the sign-in,. It flashes thru a few screens and then throws me out. I have to use Chrome. Something is weird about the AARP/UHC site.

If you have recently changed. like in the last week? Perhaps you need to give UHC a while to backfill all of your info to your page? Just guessing there.

I just tried a few things... I have Adblock Plus as an add-on to Firefox, I tried white-listing the site, and the site it forwards to, no luck, still weird. I also tried turning Adblock Plus off completely, no luck. In addition, I toggled OFF tracking for the sites, still no luck. Acts the same as before.

Unless I can find something else in Firefox that I can twiddle to make the site(s) happy, I'll have to use IE or Edge for all AARP/UHC insurance related interactions. With IE and Edge, the site displays all information fine, and I don't see the foreign corporation nor the far-away state and its state and teacher retirement systems contact info!

So far, the AARP/UHC insurance member site is the only one I have seen that will not work with Firefox.

Back
Top Bottom