Join Early Retirement Today

Old 08-25-2021, 08:06 PM   #321
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

So far so good. I had a slow start, and never test very high in ketosis but it is working. I did not have a huge initial weight loss but more of a steady burn. I am at the 5 week mark and it took a while to assemble a diet.
Operating Engineer for a commercial plumbing contractor
skyking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2021, 08:18 PM   #322
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

You know, the benefits of ketosis go way beyond weight loss. The main thing is reversing any metabolic health problems.

And by staying metabolically healthy you can avoid a lot of the common chronic diseases that otherwise only get worse with aging.

Supposedly only 12% of US adults are metabolically healthy. We are quite an elite group then!
Old 08-25-2021, 09:26 PM   #323
Recycles dryer sheets

Thanks for the thread. I did Low Carb 20 years ago and lost 40 pounds and kept in good shape for two years and then slowly started to gain. I did it again a year ago and lost 30 pounds and stopped in May and have gained it back. Covid didn't help, working from home with the kitchen stocked didn't help. Taking care of my wife after her Knee surgery didnt help. My wife doesn't do low carb All excuses though

Having a desk job doesn't help (Excuse) and I know when not on low carb I have low will power. Being on low carb I have no issues. It is always a domino effect of events that get me off (Excuse)

Going to go back on next week. My wife asked for a weeks notice before I restarted it

The difference here is come the end of the year I lose the desk job and will be more active. Most of my hobbies require activities and days I dont now work I take the dogs on a 4 mile walk to the Reservoir and Dog park. Probably why I am still alive That will become every day and I will use the gym I built in my house

The key is I know I can do this and lose weight and feel much better as a result. I know I can do this diet for months at a time. I am hopeful the change in my situation will keep the weight from coming back on.