Join Early Retirement Today

Another reason to exercise
Old 03-28-2007, 07:49 AM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Another reason to exercise

I went to the dentist yesterday because I had a tooth that was hurting. My dentist was away, but his partner took care of me. An x-ray was taken and this dentist kept looking at it and then asked to see old x-rays from my folder. He could not see a cavity. He started checking my teeth and finally told me that I am grinding my teeth at night. He told me that it is probably due to stress in my life and that I should walk at least 30 minutes 4-5 times per week. I am going on Thursday to be fitted for a mouth guard also to wear while sleeping.

I used to grind my teeth as a child and also for awhile after we were married. My tooth started hurting around 3/17, which was a Saturday. It quit hurting by Monday, so I did not call the dentist. It started hurting again on Monday. I think that the stress is due to my applying for the part-time jobs. I thought that the first job sounded like fun, but then I had a former co-worker call me and told me that her friend wanted me to bring my resume to where she works. I did not really want to do that until after I heard about the other job. My friend asked me to do it right away. I was worried about being hired at one place and then getting offered the second job. I can't believe that applying for a part-time job has brought me this much stress! It had been 33 years since I had applied for a job though.

My DH and I just started walking again on a consistent basis since the weather is nicer. I guess exercise is the "magical pill"!
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Re: Another reason to exercise
Old 03-31-2007, 05:51 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Re: Another reason to exercise

Great news! I just talked with my friend who had me take the resume to the other friend's place of work and she said that they decided to hire someone for full-time instead of part-time. She already told her that I would not be interested. So now I only need to hear from the job that I interviewed with on 3/22. They told me that I would not hear anything for at least 2 weeks. I have already decided that if I don't get that job, I am not applying for any other job at least until the fall or maybe not at all! Life is looking good again!

I went walking with a friend in the country for about 1 hours 20 minutes today and then came home and walked with my DH for approximately 1 hour. I am all walked out today!
Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote