Anybody enrolled with Thrivent Medigap??

spncity

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm told they are highly rated. Never heard of them. But I've never heard of many of the medigap companies.

Not really sure how to compare medigap companies (plan G). I realize they all have to provide the same thing. And the premiums can be differemt.

So how else do you compare? Whether they have good customer service? How would I know?

I'm told they are highly rated. Never heard of them. But I've never heard of many of the medigap companies.

Not really sure how to compare medigap companies (plan G). I realize they all have to provide the same thing. And the premiums can be differemt.

So how else do you compare? Whether they have good customer service? How would I know?

I used Boomer Benefits. If they deal with Thrivent they can give you feed back and history of premium increases.

If you want to see for yourself a wide range of companies in your state and zipcode, and see the detail that insurance agents see, look at this thread from last year.

http://www.early-retirement.org/for...r-selection-a-medicare-newbys-path-94740.html

I used CSGActuarial.com, and paid $10 for a month of access then. I see that CSG has changed their website, prices were $10 - 20 - 30 versus features, and I went with the $10, I probably should have gone one step up to get more rate change history. Now prices for one state Medicare access are $20 - 30 - 40, I'd go with the $30 now. Remember to cancel before the time is up so you don't get charged a second month.

On their website, click on Quoting, then Individual Plans, Per-State pricing on Medicare Packages.

As my thread from last year says, you can look at a lot of info, how many years in that supplement business, AM Best ratings, discounts, etc. etc., and can run scenarios over and over with any age or sex.

I realize some are not interested in doing this level of detail, preferring someone to just tell them what to do, and trust that someone to work in (your) best interest. That's fine. I'm a bit cynical, and where possible, I would like to get some background on important decisions before I ask for some company's help in doing so. Using CSGActuarial's web tool allowed me to do that. As they say, YMMV.

Thank you for the comments! One more reason this is such a great forum.

Back
Top Bottom