Anyone switched to E-Cigs (PV's)

Semiretired2008

Recycles dryer sheets
About 8 - 9 months ago I quit smoking and took up vaping with electronic cigarettes (they like to call them personal vaporizers or PV's for short). I have improved oxygen processing levels, lowered BP, and I just breath a lot better.

Has anyone else made this transition?

I guess we do not have any smokers... That's good. I really thought some one may be interested in these things...

My middle daughter switched to the e-cigs last Thanksgiving, and is still using them. I'm not crazy about them, but I am thankful she hasn't had a real cigarette since then. I hated that she smoked. She has also lost 16 lbs. through healthy eating and exercise! She's doing much better than me in that dept.......

My sister tried one but for some reason it didn't "take". She's back to "real" cigarettes now.

Four years ago I was scheduled for abdominal surgery. I was a heavy smoker (2.5 packs a day for 20+ years) and had a smokers cough. The thought of coughing like that with a big slit in my tummy scared me. I took Chantix for 4 weeks and never looked back. I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO addicted - there's no way I thought it would work - but it did ! This was my fourth attempt at quitting - had gone back to it after 6 and 9 months off in the past. I can't believe its been 4 years - it was so easy ! Barely ever had those "wow , I could really use a cigarette" cravings.

(sorry - got on my bragging box ! If the E-cigs work for you thats fantastic - I wish you all the best with it)

My sister tried one but for some reason it didn't "take". She's back to "real" cigarettes now.

If your sister tried the gas station variety that is probably why it did not take. If she wants to try again and I would hope she would - tell her to Google "ECF" Electronic Cigarette Forum.

It is the largest E-Cig forum in the world and is global. She can lurk and read to learn if she wants to try again and if she wants to join - it is free. They also have support and links to vendors that you can buy through that are cheaper and of a higher quality than the gas station variety.

A years worth of using an E-Cig costs about the same as 1.5 - 2 months of smoking cigarettes so it also saves a lot of money while it is also helping with you stopping smoking.

If your sister tried the gas station variety that is probably why it did not take. If she wants to try again and I would hope she would - tell her to Google "ECF" Electronic Cigarette Forum.

Thanks for that ! I'll let her know. I do know she spent a decent amount of money on the E-Cig and cartridges. Not sure why they didn't work - I sure was hoping they would. I'll send her to the forum - thanks again for the info !

(PS - she also tried Chantix - while it worked like a miracle for me it didn't for her - she blamed constipation and weird dreams for giving up on it. As for me, I enjoyed the extra special technicolor dreams and as for the other issue - Benefiber to the rescue !)

I tried them all (Chantix, patch, gum, hypnosis, etc.). This is the only thing that did work. I went from 1.5 packs a day to 10 immediately and got totally off them within a month.

If she has a problem on the forum she can look me up (semiretired) and I will point her in the right direction. New people can get overwhelmed with what is available and what will work best for them...

Thanks for that ! I'll let her know. I do know she spent a decent amount of money on the E-Cig and cartridges. Not sure why they didn't work - I sure was hoping they would. I'll send her to the forum - thanks again for the info !

(PS - she also tried Chantix - while it worked like a miracle for me it didn't for her - she blamed constipation and weird dreams for giving up on it. As for me, I enjoyed the extra special technicolor dreams and as for the other issue - Benefiber to the rescue !)

I did the patch, gum, hypnosis (twice !) .... as long as we find what works for us its all great :) I have a lung CT tomorrow. I'm hoping that I didn't quit smoking too late ! The only good part is that whatever the end result, I've decided that I'm retiring in 14 months ! Whatever is going on has made he realize that I want to start reaping the rewards of my LBYM years. It will be frugal retirement but its better than no retirement !!

I've decided that I'm retiring in 14 months ! Whatever is going on has made he realize that I want to start reaping the rewards of my LBYM years. It will be frugal retirement but its better than no retirement !!

Same here. LBYM instead of LFTM (living for the moment) makes a difference...

Scan came back negative :D 14 months to ER !!! I may have to whack a few expenses out but I'm even more determined than ever to throw in the towel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom