Anyone try Heal app?

My BCBS plan contracts with a video telemedicine service for non-emergency care. As long as I can connect via Wifi/internet it's considered in-network regardless of my physical location when traveling.

This forum has discussed the benefits and negatives of concierge Drs a few times.
My Dr does this now as part of his monthly fee. I can Skype him and discuss a problem; send a photo of rash/cut etc and he can decide whether I should see him, go to ER or what to do etc.

In Canada, a new app called Akira does the same thing. I paid $75 for 6 months access and feel it was worth it for me. $99 for a single visit seems steep but I guess in the US you have to pay for doctors anyways.

This forum has discussed the benefits and negatives of concierge Drs a few times.
My Dr does this now as part of his monthly fee. I can Skype him and discuss a problem; send a photo of rash/cut etc and he can decide whether I should see him, go to ER or what to do etc.

This is some kind of tech startup. You use an app. and the doctor comes to you, with an assistant, for $99 a visit.

Sounds a little too good to be true.

Dr. Drew claims they're hand-picking double board certified doctors.

Caught a glimpse of one of the vehicles today..Prius with advertising wrap. I wonder if the Doc's bring chicken soup too .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom