best meal replacement drinks?

Bongleur

Full time employment: Posting here.
Want to have something on the shelf for replacing preparing real food if we get very sick with COVID-19 or seasonal flu.

Getting spammed by diet stuff, bodybuilding protein drinks, etc. -- Amazon just wants to sell you anything they can con you into clicking on.

What brands are simply normally balanced nutritional meal replacements?

And some seem to have a lot of sugar. Would prefer complex carbs, and not "low" fat.

Last edited:
Ensure or Glucerna are two I am familiar with.
Pedialyte is good for liquid and electrolyte, especially if also nauseated as it is clear and not milk based.

Not sure what qualifies, but DW uses these as lunch replacements and occasionally snacks almost every day. They come in lots of flavors, $1.61 each or less on sale at Costco for 18-packs. She's on a kick for the high fiber Apple Cinnamon at the moment.
cdecaf46-e8b5-4ee5-af9f-9916c14295ff_1.48d3eee6be7de31a9df2c15d33d886f7.jpeg
26d43c40-d1c0-4da6-a672-c9d03580ffaf_1.4570b9781f6f625e310cbb5e7095c043.jpeg

Last edited:
I would recommend orgain protein powder . You can mix it with anything . I mix it with half milk half water . They also have pre made drinks but I would not recommend those if your stomach is rocky .I currently have been drinking high calorie boost .It is 500 calories . It is great for weight gain .

Huel is supposed to be good. I have never tried it.

I have purchased some canned soups with pull-off tops.

I am unconcerned with an improper diet for up to a month at a time.

Pedialyte for electrolytes and Ensure for meal replacement.

I'm well stocked with broth.

During the week, about half my calories come from Soylent. www.soylent.com It's well balanced and has a neutral flavor (I get the Original flavor in bottles). I think you'll find most of the 'meal replacement' drinks have a ton of sugar and not enough fat.

During the week, about half my calories come from Soylent. www.soylent.com It's well balanced and has a neutral flavor (I get the Original flavor in bottles). I think you'll find most of the 'meal replacement' drinks have a ton of sugar and not enough fat.

But do the have Soylent Green:D

(Somebody was going to say, might as well be me)

Three quarters V8 juice, one quarter Tequila.

But do the have Soylent Green:D

(Somebody was going to say, might as well be me)

:D In the tech nerd custom of giving stuff inappropriate names (unix, git, etc), software engineer/founder Rob Rhinehart gave it that name to somewhat call attention to it.

I think I could handle massive quantities of canned soups and canned tuna if necessary.

I use Muscle Milk chocolate powder. Mix it into a bowl of unflavored plain yogurt, add a enough cold water to make a pudding. Top with honey and mix in berries. Tastes great.

I would recommend orgain protein powder . You can mix it with anything . I mix it with half milk half water . They also have pre made drinks but I would not recommend those if your stomach is rocky .I currently have been drinking high calorie boost .It is 500 calories . It is great for weight gain .

We like Orgain as well, but we use the protein plus superfoods. It has the veggies and fruits in addition to the protein.

I like the Equate brand from Walmart. 30g of protein with 160 calories. The caramel and vanilla flavors are my favorites. For me, they're more of a snack versus a meal replacement.

I use Muscle Milk chocolate powder. Mix it into a bowl of unflavored plain yogurt, add a enough cold water to make a pudding. Top with honey and mix in berries. Tastes great.

I am a fan of Muscle Milk. Kids told me about almond milk which has a longer shelf life and has less calories. Most days I mix half a scoop of MM chocolate, one banana and 1.5 cups almond milk. Then immersion blender. About 230 calories. Skip the bananas if you are sheltering-in-place.

Not if my wife is running a 103 fever.

These sorts of replies just waste my time. Not helpful.

OP, you failed to mention any fever. If so, condolences. If not, perhaps allow for some humor. Speaking on behalf of those who tend to be lighthearted and believe that humor is good medicine. :flowers:.

Watch the sugar/carb content on some of these. It can be through the roof.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom