Best way to get health insurance quotes?

Andy R

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Site Team
I have been living abroad for the last two years and now I am back in the US until January. While abroad I was using an international health insurance plan underwritten by Lloyd's of London. I need to get health insurance that will cover me while I am back in the States. Do any of you all know any sites (or agents) that can give me a fair quote. I am 33, single, in decent shape, self employed.

Thanks in advance for your help and/or recommendations on sites or agents to talk to about getting insurance.

Regards,

Andy R

I used ehealthinsurance.com to obtain my insurance quotes. You can apply through them if you see a policy you like.

Hi Andy,

I talked to Jeff at International Medical Insurance, International Health Insurance, Overseas Health Insurance about insurance that would cover me international and for visits to the USA. (visiting the USA < 12 months in a 2 year period) It might be worth talking to Good Neighbor Insurance about your current and future needs (assuming that you are paying for your own insurance). However, your best bet may be a simple temporary policy.

I have used ehealthinsurance.com successfully for temporary insurance a number of times. However, all policies available are not listed. In particular, I found a cheaper Blue Cross/Blue Shield plan that also had a lower deductible. This plan was listed at my local BCBS site.

Oliver

PS I found a number of positive international forum postings on Good Neighbor Insurance. In addition, I discovered that a number of missionaries use the agency. I have not purchased any insurance from them, but I talked with them for the first time today. :)

PPS If Assurant is not one of your choices for temporary insurance at ehealthinsurance.com, I would check the Assurant web site. I have purchased Assurant insurance products from ehealthinsurance.com, but recently I did not see them listed.

International Health Insurance

Hi Andy,
I have used International Health Insurance out of Denmark for 3 years now. I'm a lot older than you (61), but it covers me in my travels to other countries other than my home base which is Singapore. The thing I like about this company is if you purchase it overseas while you work overseas, it covers you in the States for extended periods. The unfortunate part is you cannot buy the insurance when based in the States. I've been in the states for a few months, and it covered my skin cancer while I was there.

It's something to consider when you are overseas again.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom