Big Toe Fusion

2017wasthe year

Dryer sheet wannabe
Has anyone had this? I had a toe implant put in my big toe almost two years ago and it isn't working well. At the end of the month I going from full-time in office work to part-time remote work and this is definitely putting a damper on an event I have planned and looked forward to for awhile now! Considering having the implant taken out and fusing the toe while I still have good insurance .... Any input to share?

I've seen all sorts of first posts but this may be the most unique way to "stick your toe in the water" I've ever run across. :)

Welcome to the forum - I hope you get some good responses to your question.

Yes but not as well. One doesn't realize the important role the big toe plays in walking until you have an issue with one. My dad had his fused and his doctor did give him three options about the arthritic pain: put an implant in, fuse it, or cut it off.

Well, my neighbor had toe implants about 5 years ago - he had been a big time walker - and they helped & let him resume his walks. Unfortunately, he also developed prostate cancer 2-3 years back & passed away a few months ago. Just 66. :-(

Back
Top Bottom