Brains and wine...

We were watching Marked Woman, which made me realize for the first time why Bette Davis was such as star.

She looks like that actress.
Which one.
You know, what's her name.
Who?
The one in Thelma and Louise.
Geena Davis?
No, the other one. Starts with an S...

a%20marked%20woman%20bette%20davis%20bogart%20PDVD_003.jpg

Last edited:
Rollin' J Ranch

Did the grocery shopping today and in the produce section saw some okra from the Rollin' J Ranch. Reminded me of this thread...

If wine improved your brains, I'd be Einstein. I hope you're talking about red wine. Cheap red wine.

I'll try that line at the wine tasting tonight.

You'd be intimately familiar with it if you had ever had a nice El Dorado County Zin.

I think there are ground up roots in there. Its chewable and immediately corrodes most of your tooth enamel.

You'd be intimately familiar with it if you had ever had a nice El Dorado County Zin.

I think there are ground up roots in there. Its chewable and immediately corrodes most of your tooth enamel.

Now thats a good Zin. I googled it and found it to be a "powerhouse" of a wine. I'll have to check it out. Tonight I had a Shiraz that was "juicy and leathery".

They are powerhouses. Some of those vines are 100-150 years old and set in some serious mineral laden clay and we do get some serious heat.

Madrona, Cedarville, Miraflores and Boeger are all recommended.

Lots of offbeat grapes in use around here. Syrah, Barbera, Viognier, and you can even find ports and champagne style sparkling wines. At the wine tasting festival I took my wife to on mothers day, it was a little bit tough to find a straight up cabernet or chardonnay.

I'd always supposed that was what dreaming was all about.

(Or to keep on theme, what altered states of consciousness were for.)

(hi purple, sorry for delayed response, just saw your post)

i wouldn't say that's what dreaming is all about, and certainly it is not what many altered states are at all about, but i would agree that defragmenting the brain is one of the main functions of dreaming.

i've mentioned in other posts a bit about dream interpretation. i had another illustrative, non-lucid dream just the other night. i'm in the kitchen on the phone with a cousin who has recently beset upon me much grief and i am working hard to come to terms with that. while i'm on the phone, i'm holding a huge filet of salmon, like a 10 pounder, cutting out of it with a knife in one hand some soft inner parts which fall into the sink while the firm fleshy filet hangs heavily down from my other hand.

in the morning, upon wakening, i look up the interpretation of salmon in a dream and this is what i find: "salmon: of salmon: family troubles."

my feeling is that understanding the interpretation & seeing how our minds sort out complex issues and store them neatly into visual images helps to complete the defrag sub routine.

Back
Top Bottom