Join Early Retirement Today

CBD "Personal" Lube
Old 02-29-2020, 03:40 PM   #1
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

CBD "Personal" Lube

Came across some information about "Cannabis Lube", which is infused with THC. According to many reviews, purported to be honest, user reviews (as opposed to reviews by people who sell the stuff) it is an effective treatment for women who suffer the typical late-life changes that make sexual activity less fun at best, and downright painful at the worst.

Of course, I live in an area where THC is not legal, but CBD ointments and lubricants are. I have come across some positive reviews on these as well, albeit less "mind blowing" than the THC products, evidently.

I am wondering if anybody out there in the FIRE Forum World can share any first hand experiences with either of these products.

HadEnuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-29-2020, 04:55 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

Old 02-29-2020, 06:33 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Wouldn't it dull the senses
Old 02-29-2020, 06:36 PM   #4

While I do think CBD has a lot of opportunity for benefits, I'm not going to experiment with unregulated, questionably tested stuff for any "important" functions.

Any health-related claim that is not backed by the FDA/FTC is dubious.
Aerides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 06:43 PM   #5

Thanks for the comments.

Just to be clear, I am not looking for a conversation about why one wouldn't try it, I was really interested in first person, or second person, experiences from those who have actually tried it, if anyone out there has tried it, or uses it, and is willing to share.
Old 02-29-2020, 07:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerides View Post
While I do think CBD has a lot of opportunity for benefits, I'm not going to experiment with unregulated, questionably tested stuff for any "important" functions.

Any health-related claim that is not backed by the FDA/FTC is dubious.
I agree. What one might experience in the moment might not be worth long term potentially lethal side effects. I'm not sure anyone will want to admit to risking long term consequences.

There are very few studies-not enough to say definitively, that cannabinoids are not carcinogenic. This one study suggests that cannabinoids may cause chromosomal damage:

https://link.springer.com/article/10...204-018-2322-9

Given anatomy, females could be highly internally exposed to potentially carcinogenic substances by using such products. A lubricant is a lubricant. Putting a systemic, potentially carcinogenic substance in a lubricant strikes me as a potentially dangerous and expensive gimmick. Remember that ultimately the folks who make these products are just out there to make some dough. They could be lying about the contents of the product as well. There is no FDA oversight here. Buyer, beware.
EastWest Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:09 PM   #7
Give me a forum ...

The hippie version of CBD lube is decarboxylated(heated under low heat) hemp or other CBD rich cannabis strain. The decarbed CBD plant matter is heated and infused into any fat, coconut oil is a favorite of many. After a while it's filtered and set up. Sometimes hippies add beeswax or coocabutter to their lube to improve usability. There's a million recipes out there.

Hemp is now legal in all 50 states, due to super low THC content. I'm not sure what stuff the manufacturers add to an innocent concoction. There are many manufacturers, the only one I know is credible is Mary's Medicinals. I'm not affiliated with them but have used some of their products. I'm not sure they have what you are looking for but they are a great supplier. Perhaps poke around on their site or send one of their reps an email? Alternatively an ounce of hemp, a pound of your favorite fat and standard kitchen stuff could lead to a whole day/night of fun.
MRG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:44 PM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset View Post
And it tastes awful too.

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 08:59 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo2 View Post
And it tastes awful too.
Uhhhhhh, how do you know?
Old 02-29-2020, 09:02 PM   #10
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aja8888 View Post
Uhhhhhh, how do you know?
"Or so I've heard"....

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Nemo2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 11:10 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Location: Spending the Kids Inheritance and living in Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by HadEnuff View Post
Thanks for the comments.

Just to be clear, I am not looking for a conversation about why one wouldn't try it, I was really interested in first person, or second person, experiences from those who have actually tried it, if anyone out there has tried it, or uses it, and is willing to share.
I really think you should buy your own...
Old 03-01-2020, 04:27 AM   #12

Quote:
Thanks for the comments.

Quote:
I really think you should buy your own...
kinda set myself up for that one, didn't I?
Old 03-01-2020, 05:17 AM   #13

When I read the thread title I thought it was going to be about grow oriented tax incentives for Central Business Districts (CBD). But this is interesting, too. :-)

-BB
Old 03-01-2020, 06:36 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastWest Gal View Post
I agree. What one might experience in the moment might not be worth long term potentially lethal side effects. I'm not sure anyone will want to admit to risking long term consequences.

There are very few studies-not enough to say definitively, that cannabinoids are not carcinogenic. This one study suggests that cannabinoids may cause chromosomal damage:

https://link.springer.com/article/10...204-018-2322-9

Given anatomy, females could be highly internally exposed to potentially carcinogenic substances by using such products. A lubricant is a lubricant. Putting a systemic, potentially carcinogenic substance in a lubricant strikes me as a potentially dangerous and expensive gimmick. Remember that ultimately the folks who make these products are just out there to make some dough. They could be lying about the contents of the product as well. There is no FDA oversight here. Buyer, beware.
I read that study. Needless to say, a lot of the technique and jargon is over my head, but a few things caught my eye. One was the declaration that the study sought to investigate the effects of CBD on human cells in an environment that would "reflect the situation in users", but didn't elaborate on what that situation was assumed to be. Daily use? Multiple times per day? Once a month (duplicating the use by women treating menstrual pain?)...what?

Also, the CBD was dissolved in methane. Wow. Didn't know that reflected the situation in users.

Under the heading of "Results" it is stated that under low concentrations, and exposure for less than or equal to 3 hours, no damage occurred. AS they increased concentrations and exposure time, damage occurred. But they do not elaborate or explain wherein that variation one hits the point that "reflects the situation in users".

If you give enough caffeine, sugar, (or Splenda) in high enough concentrations, for long enough, you will get cellular change. That's why there is such a long list of carcinogens, and an even longer list of potential carcinogens, that include things like "red" meat, and solar radiation, certain antibiotics, progesterone,estrogen...the list is endless. Yet, among those listed, are more than a few that come with the potential for beneficial usage.

So the question becomes not whether a compound is tested to be perfectly safe, but whether it comes with enough benefit, and a relatively low risk, to make it a viable option.There is a huge difference between a treatment being "completely safe" and having the ability to be "used safely."

If I lived in a cannabis friendly state, I would give THC a try as an alternative to NSAIDS for my chronic back/sciatica issues. Neither are completely safe, hopefully they can both be used safely.
Old 03-01-2020, 06:42 AM   #15
Give me a forum ...

It strikes me that the better compromise might be plain old Astrolube accompanied y some edibles or a couple of hits off a vaporizer.
Old 03-01-2020, 06:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by donheff View Post
It strikes me that the better compromise might be plain old Astrolube accompanied y some edibles or a couple of hits off a vaporizer.
What i am seeking is testimonials from folks who've actually used CBD topically, to treat discomfort, or pain, associated with sexual intercourse, due to common changes that occur during and after menopause.

Not interested in further discussion on why one would or would not use it, or what might be viable alternatives.

It is quite possible that nobody in the forum wishes to share their personal experiences in this regard, or that nobody has any experiences to share. I am quite prepared for that eventuality, and to let the thread die the normal death of disinterest,

I would really appreciate not having the thread hijacked to discuss all of the other ancillary possible directions it could take.

Thanks again.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:02 AM   #17
Give me a forum ...

OP, are you on Reddit? There's at least 3 subs, CBD, CBDoilReviews, and cbdinfo that have hundreds of thousands of members and are very active. Best wishes.
MRG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:37 AM   #18
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
My recollection is THC heightens the senses, but it's been a while.
latexman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 11:27 AM   #19

I have cancer and I live in a state where Medical Marijuana is legal.

THC in your system may ease various pains, it can be done to increase your focus [like on college terms papers, etc], and it can help A LOT to sleep better through the nights.

Better sleep helps with almost every disease.

However putting THC [or CBD] in a personal lube, makes no sense to me. If you want THC or CBD, then use THC or CBD. But putting it on your genitals makes no sense to me.
Old 03-01-2020, 11:58 AM   #20

Quote:
I am wondering if anybody out there in the FIRE Forum World can share any first hand experiences with either of these products.
Which hand, left or right ?