Corona Virus not that fatal - only used as a Cover up for a more deadly Bio-weapon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I glanced quickly through it.

I think the poster has given away the plot that he could have expanded into a suspense novel. :)

If only there was someone in this community who is good at writing suspense novels... :cool:

Not much of a suspense anymore, now that the real virus is out of the bag.

Well, the real suspense is how this is going to end.

Is this the black swan equivalent of REWahoo's asteroid, or a ho-hum flu virus that some people will later tell us "See, I told youse guys you got all worked up for nothin'"?

Is this the black swan equivalent of REWahoo's asteroid, or a ho-hum flu virus that some people will later tell us "See, I told youse guys you got all worked up for nothin'"?

Maybe they meant the 'other' asteroid. It's easy to get them confused.

We are not letting it into Texas...case closed.:bat:

Too late. Lackland AFB was selected specifically to quarantine potential Coronavirus victims returned from overseas, and at least one person tested positive..

Well no Florida Man stories yet for this virus......

Umm... at the risk of being whooshed, did the OP not really catch that this was from r/nosleep? That's a subreddit for people to write scary fiction. This is no more an article than something posted in The Onion.

That aside, the story is well-written, but there are a few missteps and it really reads like an American fantasy of what life in Communist China is like.

Just from a quick read, I noticed:
1. The myth that all of the nukes were dismantled in the 1970s. Tons of Americans with friends and family in the military in the intervening years could easily debunk this, myself included. But if your story's central conceit is that everything's a big old conspiracy and coverup, there's a convenient "that's what they want you to think" response.

2. The assertion that the "coronavirus" was really caused by a bioweapon that was being secretly sold in the meat market. It supposedly escaped when the glass vial was dropped and shattered. That only happens in movies. In real life, something like that would be in plastic, and in a well-insulated case that could be run over by a truck without getting damaged. Hell, those kind of agents are kept under such strict control that there's no way one could leave the building.

3. The Chinese people are not as easily cowed, controlled, or duped as Westerners like to think. There's a loooooong tradition of massive government protests that no government, including the Communists, has ever been able to stop, and the masses aren't going to just look the other way when millions of their friends and family members who "fled Wuhan" never showed up anywhere.

4. The misconception of why people wear masks - in China and Japan, from what I've heard from people who live there, you primarily wear a mask when you are sick and want to avoid infecting others. Which works far better than wearing a mask like some people do in the US, to try to avoid being infected.

So yeah, enjoyable read, but it's not "The Stand" by a long shot.

I hope the OP was a whoosh, because otherwise... dude.

Umm... at the risk of being whooshed, did the OP not really catch that this was from r/nosleep? That's a subreddit for people to write scary fiction. This is no more an article than something posted in The Onion.

That aside, the story is well-written, but there are a few missteps and it really reads like an American fantasy of what life in Communist China is like.

Just from a quick read, I noticed:
1. The myth that all of the nukes were dismantled in the 1970s. Tons of Americans with friends and family in the military in the intervening years could easily debunk this, myself included. But if your story's central conceit is that everything's a big old conspiracy and coverup, there's a convenient "that's what they want you to think" response.

2. The assertion that the "coronavirus" was really caused by a bioweapon that was being secretly sold in the meat market. It supposedly escaped when the glass vial was dropped and shattered. That only happens in movies. In real life, something like that would be in plastic, and in a well-insulated case that could be run over by a truck without getting damaged. Hell, those kind of agents are kept under such strict control that there's no way one could leave the building.

3. The Chinese people are not as easily cowed, controlled, or duped as Westerners like to think. There's a loooooong tradition of massive government protests that no government, including the Communists, has ever been able to stop, and the masses aren't going to just look the other way when millions of their friends and family members who "fled Wuhan" never showed up anywhere.

4. The misconception of why people wear masks - in China and Japan, from what I've heard from people who live there, you primarily wear a mask when you are sick and want to avoid infecting others. Which works far better than wearing a mask like some people do in the US, to try to avoid being infected.

So yeah, enjoyable read, but it's not "The Stand" by a long shot.

I hope the OP was a whoosh, because otherwise... dude.

Doesn't have to be intentional.

Accidental bioweapon release resulting in fatalities:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sverdlovsk_anthrax_leak

Last edited:
Come on, we all know it’s a Trombone Al script and the virus is delivered in a Tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom