Crown came loose...need to fix soon?

I got an estimate from my dentist for two jaw teeth implants and crowns----$6k for two! He said he has a new process that allows him to install the implants (4 month healing time) before the crowns are installed. He said a bridge would cost the same.

Several years ago we spent $22k+ for lots of implants and teeth for DW.

$6K for two. That's a good bargain. My one teeth implant is gonna run about $4K.

ith int it nithe that the word is "tooth", tho that it thounds cowwect when you thay it wiith thome teeth mithing.

Having experienced more than my fair share of crowns, implants, root canals, braces and bite guards, I finally learned how to endure the feared impression-taking without gagging. Ask the technician to adjust the dental chair so you are sitting more upright rather than reclining. Then, once the impression "goop" is in your mouth, tilt your head so your chin is on your chest. Result? Much less gag reflex.

Tomorrow is D-Day. the tooth fairy (okay, my dentist) is gonna put on the crown for my dental implant. After that, I should be good as new!

Like the old TV show "We can rebuild him, we have the technology..." :D

I had my first dental implant done last year. It took about 9 months. There was about 6 visits probably 2 were to just take a quick look at things.
Insurance covered the extract of existing tooth and the crown. I never bothered to submit the claim for the implant as I knew that it was not covered. This later became a problem as they denied the crown explaining to me that they had extracted that tooth and there was no reason for a crown. I submitted the implant paperwork and they paid the dentist.

Been a bit over a year since the procedure for my implant began.

I'm gonna really like not having to wear a retainer anymore.

I had my first dental implant done last year. It took about 9 months. There was about 6 visits probably 2 were to just take a quick look at things.
Insurance covered the extract of existing tooth and the crown. I never bothered to submit the claim for the implant as I knew that it was not covered. This later became a problem as they denied the crown explaining to me that they had extracted that tooth and there was no reason for a crown. I submitted the implant paperwork and they paid the dentist.
My wife had an implant a couple years ago; she had a childhood accident that resulted in a root canal in one of her top front teeth shortly after. The "fix" began to get loose and cause some trouble so we did an implant. I was surprised that our insurance actually covered $1,000 of the implant plus 80% of the cost of extraction. Our net cost (after insurance) was a little over $2,000, if I recall correctly. She's been very pleased with it so far and it's given her no problems.

Darn it! I spoke to soon. Went to dentist today. One more step involved. Crown for implant not until a few weeks. Oh well..good things come to those who wait...so they say ;-|

I got an estimate from my dentist for two jaw teeth implants and crowns----$6k for two! He said he has a new process that allows him to install the implants (4 month healing time) before the crowns are installed. He said a bridge would cost the same.

Several years ago we spent $22k+ for lots of implants and teeth for DW.
After much procrastinating (saving to pay for it), I had the bridge plus one crown and several cavities repaired for $7.9k.
The temporary bridge resulted in 3 weeks of constant severe pain because the dentist ground down four good teeth to anchor the bridge. After the permanent bridge was installed, another week of moderate pain. Now all is well.

I must have the time that is the implant before crown. The visit the other day, I thought was for the crown but instead was just for an impression to make the crown. Right now, I have the implant already in my jawbone. It's interesting as there's this still stub with kind of just screws in. I suppose when the crown is ready, it'll probably just screw right in there which should be more durable than my old crowns which fell off after a year or less.

Just don't drop the crown.....

:LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom