Differences in decision making between the sexes

So, is tomato a fruit or a vegetable?

Before you post your decision on this burning issue, you should make sure we can all determine your gender-- in order to properly assess the quality of your decision.

Hey, I read the article and I just want to say that I can too make shoot-from-the-hip decisions and they even rival those that guys make.... :LOL:

Oh, and since Nords wants us to be clear about gender, I will add that I am 100% female through and through and from head to toe. Not only that, as the song goes, "I enjoy being a girl."

Last edited:
And maybe we can set fire to anyone who doesn't conform to dichotomous stereotypes?

Sounds like a biased study. Why "flexible"? If, they used the word "indecisive" another bias would have show better.

I don't know what a tomato is. But, why is it flexible to get it right or wrong (vegetable or fruit) or not know.

"Women, on the other hand, were more flexible and 23 percent more likely to say that an object belonged in the partial category (a tomato can "sort of" be a fruit, for instance)."

Actually, I like women who do not see things totally black or white, shades of gray can keep us from killing each other:LOL:.

W2R said:
Hey, I read the article and I just want to say that I can too make shoot-from-the-hip decisions and they even rival those that guys make.... :LOL:

Oh, and since Nords wants us to be clear about gender, I will add that I am 100% female through and through and from head to toe. Not only that, as the song goes, "I enjoy being a girl."

Ditto.

I'm all girly-girl who never had a problem making a decision as quickly as necessary. However, I'm very comfortable with weighing multiple perspectives and recognizing that there is rarely one correct answer.

Of course women see things differently. That's why they're so hard to understand, as opposed to normal... wait, that's not what I meant... It just came out wrong... You don't understand...

Going back under my rock now....

When I pick tomatoes, they are berries. When I prepare tomatoes, they are vegetables.

The most dramatic lesson in perceptual difference came about five years ago when DW was writing a movie review for a class. She asked that I also take notes on the movie at the same time she did.

Looking at the notes later we were both wondering: Did we see the same movie?

We saw the same movie, but our perceptions of what was important were radically different. What she saw as important barely registered with me, if it did at all. The reverse was also true.

I know, not everything is black and white, but overall...

Men's perception: The Packers vs Steelers is the Superbowl of 2011

Women's perception: William and Kate's Wedding is the Superbowl of 2011

There was a time when people would try to keep their sexist thoughts to themselves. I guess that time has passed and people feel it is OK to express them now.

What will the next thread be something along the lines on how different races think?

There was a time when people would try to keep their sexist thoughts to themselves. I guess that time has passed and people feel it is OK to express them now.

What will the next thread be something along the lines on how different races think?

Actually, from my view of the world, things have changed dramatically from the era of Archie Bunker speak to now, where many would probably say today we are overly politically correct. Thats not to say interactions/attitudes are now perfect between diverse groups, far from it, but we as a society have come a long way for the better in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom